Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Juju really had a terrible 2H of the season.    He's going to lose a ton of $$, not because of the bad PR - but because his #'s now look to be a construct of the system and short-pass friendliness of the system.   And keep in mind his breakout sophomore year came with AB still around.       

Diontae Johnson (drops aside) and Claypool are going to be fine without Juju.     Juju is going to get a slot-only label that hurts his stock in the FA market.    Combined with another great WR draft class, add in the awful optics of his social media work looking like it's more important to Juju than winning.....man, he did himself no favors heading into FA.    

 

I am not sure what Olivia Vernon has to do with all of this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys remember Lerentee McCray? I saw his name on the Jags current roster and thought I would check his career stats. 4 sacks across a 6 year career and total earnings of $10.7m ........

I hope he's good on Special Teams!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Do you guys remember Lerentee McCray? I saw his name on the Jags current roster and thought I would check his career stats. 4 sacks across a 6 year career and total earnings of $10.7m ........

I hope he's good on Special Teams!

$ well spent in the service of acquiring Trevor Lawrence

Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Reid and these NFL coaches in general calling designed QB run plays with players where that isn’t a strength is mind blowing.  Depending on the severity of Mahomes concussion that could be a season ender for KC.  An option call up 9 and needing 1 yard on 3rd down.  Completely irresponsible on the part of Reid. 

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Andy Reid and these NFL coaches in general calling designed QB run plays with players where that isn’t a strength is mind blowing.  Depending on the severity of Mahomes concussion that could be a season ender for KC.  An option call up 9 and needing 1 yard on 3rd down.  Completely irresponsible on the part of Reid. 

Did the same thing to us last year and it ffed up Mahomes knee.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And the final 4 teams end up having as QB's:

-Mahomes

- Allen

- Brady

- A-Rod

Now, I get the rest of the team is great - but if you take a wider look, and stop focusing on the SB winner (because you're basically enhancing the Brady effect) - over the last 10 years+, final 4's are consistently represented by top 10 QB play.    Yes, there are exceptions (I mean, duh with Peyton 2015, but Case Keenum 2017 is a good exception to cite - again propped up by a set of circumstances so QB-friendly it was easy to say mirage).   But by and large, this is no coincidence.   And when we look at the teams that lost this weekend - their QB play was what let them down the most (Lamar & Brees & Goff above all else, although Baker's limitations certainly were a problem today).

Edited by Broncofan
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

And the final 4 teams end up having as QB's:

-Mahomes

- Allen

- Brady

- A-Rod

Now, I get the rest of the team is great - but if you take a wider look, and stop focusing on the SB winner (because you're basically enhancing the Brady effect) - final 4's are consistently represented by top 10 QB play.    Yes, there are exceptions (I mean, duh with Peyton 2015, but Case Keenum 2017 is a good exception to cite - again propped up by a set of circumstances so QB-friendly it was easy to say mirage).   But by and large, this is no coincidence.   And when we look at the teams that lost this weekend - their QB play was what let them down the most (Lamar & Brees & Goff above all else, although Baker's limitations certainly were a problem today).

They all have 4 great offensive minds working with those QBs not sure if Shurmer fits that bill tbh.

It's a tough situation looking for a qb every year because everyone covets one I mean Mcvay sounded so disinterested in Goff as the starter and they're paying them all that money. Shanny seems done with Jimmy G, the bears seem like they need a qb, pats, steelers? Colts? Saints? 

You got to compete with legit offensive talent evaluator's for those prospects not easy.

I kinda hate how we're all in limbo till Fangio gets his third year ugh. No we have a younger great defensive mind coaching the Chargers. We have Vic in win now mode coaching for his job. 

Tough for a year one gm do you go with the lay of the land or go young qb in the draft? I feel like a rookie QB wouldn't expect playoffs or bust in this division. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

They all have 4 great offensive minds working with those QBs not sure if Shurmer fits that bill tbh.

It's a tough situation looking for a qb every year because everyone covets one I mean Mcvay sounded so disinterested in Goff as the starter and they're paying them all that money. Shanny seems done with Jimmy G, the bears seem like they need a qb, pats, steelers? Colts? Saints? 

You got to compete with legit offensive talent evaluator's for those prospects not easy.

I kinda hate how we're all in limbo till Fangio gets his third year ugh. No we have a younger great defensive mind coaching the Chargers. We have Vic in win now mode coaching for his job. 

Tough for a year one gm do you go with the lay of the land or go young qb in the draft? I feel like a rookie QB wouldn't expect playoffs or bust in this division. 

Not in year 1.   But that's seldom the case in year 1 regardless.

I mean, the Chargers have their guy.  They weren't even close to sniffing playoffs.   They're not complaining. 

I understand with Fangio around, the FO won't necessarily think that way....but GM Paton should.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Broncos more than anything need an identity. I mean I watch the Bills and Josh Allen is so good at simply breaking contain and finding a guy.  He did it in college all the time but I didn't realize how good he was at it.

I wanna get a qb in here that's excellent at something and build that as a foundation for the offense. Even if it's Lock find what he's great at a work off it. He seems to be very good with play action. If we could get a rb teams fear instead of guys like gordon who feeds off bottom feeders man that would be a catylst.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Broncofan said:

Not in year 1.   But that's seldom the case in year 1 regardless.

I mean, the Chargers have their guy.  They weren't even close to sniffing playoffs.   They're not complaining. 

I understand with Fangio around, the FO won't necessarily think that way....but GM Paton should.

No doubt, I just find it an odd dynamic for Paton. Yeah Chargers found their guy but Lynn as a lame duck coach was so awkward.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What I love about our division being so competitive with star QBs. It's gonna force Paton to be a little bold. You're not gonna fool this fan base with the keenums, bradford, bridgewater, Cousins. It's just not happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

And the final 4 teams end up having as QB's:

-Mahomes

- Allen

- Brady

- A-Rod

Now, I get the rest of the team is great - but if you take a wider look, and stop focusing on the SB winner (because you're basically enhancing the Brady effect) - over the last 10 years+, final 4's are consistently represented by top 10 QB play.    Yes, there are exceptions (I mean, duh with Peyton 2015, but Case Keenum 2017 is a good exception to cite - again propped up by a set of circumstances so QB-friendly it was easy to say mirage).   But by and large, this is no coincidence.   And when we look at the teams that lost this weekend - their QB play was what let them down the most (Lamar & Brees & Goff above all else, although Baker's limitations certainly were a problem today).

You'll also find with few exceptions SB winners always have top 10 defenses. The lowest rated D Brady ever had on a SB winning team was 8th. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AKRNA said:

You'll also find with few exceptions SB winners always have top 10 defenses. The lowest rated D Brady ever had on a SB winning team was 8th. 

You also have 6 or 7 teams with poorly constructed rosters that depend on the QB to play an A game in order to advance in the post season or win in general and the Flacco playoff runs are rare. It's a double edged sword it really is.

In Seattle they were nailing drafts with pete's recruiting experience right from college. Not only has that tapered off they've been trying to rebuild that D for 5 years now so tough when you're paying a qb that kinda money.

Lamar jackson I get has limitations he has to evolve with, but I can't recall his offense stepping up in any game where he doesn't have it. It's either Lamar balls out or bad news bears.

Dak in Dallas poorly constructed roster kept the clapper for so long because in part to Daks success, now got Mcarthy who by all accounts was kept in Green bay years too long.

Texans Watson BO gets kept to long and gets total control to F up the teams future in large part to Watson's success. Even with an A game it's hard for Houston to win.

 

I don't think Josh Allen played an A game Saturday that was a complete team win. And Mahomes gets injured and is out in the 3rd quarter and somehow the chiefs hold of the Hungry Browns.

Philly tried using this model having Fulgulm as Wentz's number 1wr bartered oline and he looks all but ruined. He was their only probowler drafted since 2013, and is probably a big reason Roseman kept a job that executive of the year award looks nice and shiny.

 

There's so many variables to look at like what if we go QB and Vic is the wrong guy but the qb saves his job for 5 years? How will it effect roster construction?

I just don't want to be the paper tigers the Ravens and Seahawks always seem to be. Or the Rams Goff was the number one pick got paid big Mcvay milked that for all it's worth, but he's been handcuffed to him. Wasting the prime years of a window tbh.

I say build the team up replenish that D to get turnovers and strike for a QB when the times right I don't know that this is the year. Have to analyze our prospects.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...