Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

So......Josh McDaniels is the frontrunner for the PHI HC gig.   And apparently he has final say in personnel decisions.

It's good to see he's learned from the past.  🙄

Sometimes it's the moves you don't make that are the franchise winners.  IND may have game management issues with Reich, but overall they have to be happy.   And it's kinda ironic that McDaniels passed on IND, only to end up with a team with a GM on the hotseat, cap issues, and major headaches at QB, and an aging D.    I don't think anyone would say PHI is even close to the destination IND would be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

So......Josh McDaniels is the frontrunner for the PHI HC gig.   And apparently he has final say in personnel decisions.

Sometimes it's the moves you don't make that are the franchise winners.  IND may have game management issues with Reich, but overall they have to be happy.   And it's kinda ironic that McDaniels passed on IND, only to end up with a team with a GM on the hotseat, cap issues, and major headaches at QB, and an aging D.    I don't think anyone would say PHI is even close to the destination IND would be.

I think it's a great hire I think he'll do well the second time around just a gut feeling. And I hate McDaniels. And I'd trust he's learned more about personel it can't be worse than Laurie picking JJ over Metcalf.

And Howie is really annoying he never takes blame for the bad ones. He said he and the scouts preferred jefferson but Doug preference was Reagor for scheme fit.

Total bs Howie has final call why have scouts then?

Honestly, power being taken from Howie and the owner bc they go hand in hand Howie is Laurie's voice. That's the only thing they got to turn that around.

13 hours ago, Broncofan said:

That organization is a dumpster fire as well. Now, I don't like Michael Lombardi at all, but he wrote a scathing take down of the whole structure in The Athletic. I wonder if that was a warning to McDaniels to not take the job; Lombardi has long been a Patriots apologist in general and a McDaniels fanboy and apologist in particular. 

1 minute ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

That organization is a dumpster fire as well. Now, I don't like Michael Lombardi at all, but he wrote a scathing take down of the whole structure in The Athletic. I wonder if that was a warning to McDaniels to not take the job; Lombardi has long been a Patriots apologist in general and a McDaniels fanboy and apologist in particular. 

I'm shocked it's Howie Roseman is banging the table for him . I mean for Howie Roseman to be interested in him seems shocking and to give final say. Howie craves power. McDaniels must have blew them away in the interview.

Is there a way you can find out which interviews we're done in florida and which in zoom interviews? Their wide net is getting crazy I'm trying to read between the lines.

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I think McDaniels to Philly is alright; the NE is his element now that he has been there this long.  I think he can succeed in Philly.  But, this also means that any chance we had at Wentz or Hurts is gone.

We're talking about the same guy who wanted Matt Cassel and Tebow as his QB, drafted Richard Quinn, traded a first round pick for Alphonso Smith you can't rule anything out

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

We're talking about the same guy who wanted Matt Cassel and Tebow as his QB, drafted Richard Quinn, traded a first round pick for Alphonso Smith you can't rule anything out

Yes...he has taken a backseat for awhile, perhaps he has learned something from BB?

PHI decided to go in a different direction than McDaniels.    For a team with a GM with firm control of their personnel decisions, always seemed like a crazy fit, given McDaniels still apparently wanted personnel final say.    

Next year will be fascinating - if NE struggles again, you wonder if the shine will be off McDaniels as a future HC. 1 year without TB12, and a limited Cam and a bad supporting cast, OK.   2 years (especially with a 3rd place schedule)....you get the idea.

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

PHI decided to go in a different direction than McDaniels.    For a team with a GM with firm control of their personnel decisions, always seemed like a crazy fit, given McDaniels still apparently wanted personnel final say.    

Next year will be fascinating - if NE struggles again, you wonder if the shine will be off McDaniels as a future HC. 1 year without TB12, and a limited Cam and a bad supporting cast, OK.   2 years (especially with a 3rd place schedule)....you get the idea.

One, I think McDaniels is going to hang around until BB retires and then take over unless there is an absolute perfect situation for him, which I don't think he will find. One, he's still young and can wait, two, he wouldn't have to move his family and, three, staying in New England allows him to be the jerk he is and be tolerated by the fans, media and higher-ups. It also assures he would likely get considerable say in personnel. 

Kubiak calls it quits...again.

He'll always get nothing but love from me, and should from DEN fans.   While he did push for Case Keenum (ugh), and his stubborn loyalty to guys like Dennison were his downfall - in the end, he was a big reason why we took home SB50.  He made the gutsy call to bench Peyton long enough so we could get the bye - then knew when to go back to him when Brocktober fizzled out.   And his game management during those playoffs was spot on (if a good way to get grey hairs relying on our D so much lol).

Wish him well in retirement (if it sticks lol).

• Like 3