Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

PHI decided to go in a different direction than McDaniels.    For a team with a GM with firm control of their personnel decisions, always seemed like a crazy fit, given McDaniels still apparently wanted personnel final say.    

Next year will be fascinating - if NE struggles again, you wonder if the shine will be off McDaniels as a future HC. 1 year without TB12, and a limited Cam and a bad supporting cast, OK.   2 years (especially with a 3rd place schedule)....you get the idea.

Good. I wouldn't give McDaniels full control over a bakery let alone a football team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Kubiak calls it quits...again.

He'll always get nothing but love from me, and should from DEN fans.   While he did push for Case Keenum (ugh), and his stubborn loyalty to guys like Dennison were his downfall - in the end, he was a big reason why we took home SB50.  He made the gutsy call to bench Peyton long enough so we could get the bye - then knew when to go back to him when Brocktober fizzled out.   And his game management during those playoffs was spot on (if a good way to get grey hairs relying on our D so much lol).

Wish him well in retirement (if it sticks lol).

What NE does at QB will be interesting.  Blows my mind they never gave Stidham a full shot toward the end of the season.

There’s no way of knowing what’s going on in NE, but I’ve read speculation that they’re all in on having a running QB. If that’s the case Lance seems like a good fit there and has a solid chance of being around at their pick. 

Definitely ready to see MPJ and Green taking more PF minutes away from Millsap. There's going to be games where we can get away with Porter at PF and some where we can't, but we have to start ensuring Green is eating Millsap's minutes in those games where we can't get Porter at PF.

It's my first season watching every game, and I love it. I use an amazing website that has the games uploaded by the time I get up and I just watch them before I start work (working from home at the moment). Also means I can skip commercials and free throws, so I watch the games usually in about 50 minutes.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Definitely ready to see MPJ and Green taking more PF minutes away from Millsap. There's going to be games where we can get away with Porter at PF and some where we can't, but we have to start ensuring Green is eating Millsap's minutes in those games where we can't get Porter at PF.

It's my first season watching every game, and I love it. I use an amazing website that has the games uploaded by the time I get up and I just watch them before I start work (working from home at the moment). Also means I can skip commercials and free throws, so I watch the games usually in about 50 minutes.

Yeah but Green is from Montgomery, AL.

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

i love it

The Nuggets have something special going. Jokic is gonna be one of the best basketball players of all time and we are watching him in his prime.

Millsap is fairly washed. Definitely a guy you want playing spot minutes. Barton looks hurt and has had some v rough games including last night. Harris is finding it a bit (I told you!!!) 

MPJ is special 

11 minutes ago, champ11 said:

i love it

The Nuggets have something special going. Jokic is gonna be one of the best basketball players of all time and we are watching him in his prime.

Millsap is fairly washed. Definitely a guy you want playing spot minutes. Barton looks hurt and has had some v rough games including last night. Harris is finding it a bit (I told you!!!) 

MPJ is special 

If MPJ learns to play D the sky is the limit with those 3 (Murray coming out of his slump I see) as the core.   Bol Bol could use some “enhancements” to get a little sturdier.   But that’s a fun unit to watch.   

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

If MPJ learns to play D the sky is the limit with those 3 (Murray coming out of his slump I see) as the core.   Bol Bol could use some “enhancements” to get a little sturdier.   But that’s a fun unit to watch.   

Murray is dinged up .... which is a consistent issue for him and it's frustrating. But when the chips are down I know he's gonna be reliable so not too concerned about it. 

Bol is an interesting one. No idea if he's gonna be an NBA player or not haha

4 hours ago, champ11 said:

i love it

MPJ is special 

Gary has really turned it around. Sticking to that corner 3 now, with a bit of cutting mixed in. Love to be proven wrong like that.

Barton had some awful shots, but had a couple of clutch assists so I forgive him. Loved how busy RJ Hampton was - freaky quick athlete. Wonder if he will get Dozier's minutes if the hamstring is bad.

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

Murray is dinged up .... which is a consistent issue for him and it's frustrating. But when the chips are down I know he's gonna be reliable so not too concerned about it. 

Bol is an interesting one. No idea if he's gonna be an NBA player or not haha

Bol looks really awkward on the court, but he did a decent job guarding Durant if I remember correctly, so who knows.

5 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Anyone here been to, or lived in, Austin? Going to be here for 8 months and trying to figure out what are must do things before I leave. 

I've been there but its been a few decades. Check with @champ11. I'm pretty sure he spent lots of time their recently.

• Like 1