Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Hey guys.

Apologies for not being around for a while. 2020 has been a crazy year (for obvious reasons).

Did manage to watch the season though and had a few thoughts.

Obviously wasn't a season that will go down in the memory, but felt there was a couple of positives. 

I like that we drafted Jerry Jeudy. Think he will become a great receiver and did well in his rookie season. I feel our receiving corps of Jeudy, Sutton, etc along with Fant at TE is promising and just needs the right guy at QB to succeed.

Which begs the question is Lock the right guy?

I don't want to completely write him off because I do think he can play when things fall into place, but the inconsistency is a worry. 

Of course we could draft another QB bout recent record in this area is nothing short of abysmal. Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch. Drew Lock has been the closest thing to a success in drafting a QB and even that's on the brink of becoming a failed experiment so to speak.

It's a big dilemma at the moment but I wouldn't be too opposed to giving Lock one more season to see if he really can or can't do it. 

On a related note, glad to see John Elway has moved from the GM position as it felt that he was eroding his legacy after the success with Peyton, it all seemed to be going downhill and it felt the right time for someone else to have a go at the role and all the best to George Paton in that regard.

Here's to a better season next year!!

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 2:36 PM, grizmo78 said:

Im in my late 20s so I think we might at least have similar enough interests! I guess mostly what would you have on your list of "must do" things before I leave?

I'm from Washington so definitely anything outdoorsy I'm into. I'm looking into hikes/swim holes, outdoor activities, etc. (specifically trying to be proactive about getting on any reservation lists if they require one). Any car camping, star gazing, type of things would be awesome. Small road trips I should look into, etc. 

I love food, so if there are any that you particularly recommend that would be great (if not, I'm going to use google/reddit to find the majority of places anyways). I guess i'll throw in live music in this section while I'm at it. 

Any experience based activities I'm always down for. Ie going to go to Top Golf, mini putts, board game bars, cooking classes, etc.

I know that doesn't really narrow anything down, just open to trying out new things in a new city! 

This is all stuff that was fun pre-COVID. Not sure what’s still open. The Barton Springs Pool is a cool natural springs swimming hole. It’s always a good time to grab some friends, beers,and tubes and float the Colorado (or paddle board)

The Mockingbird Saloon is a Broncos Bar to grab a game with like minded fanatics on Sundays.

6th street is fun to do once

Schlitterbahn is a world renowned water park  (south in new braunfels) 

Driskill bar is a fun bar largely unchanged from its founding in the 1800s 

Franklin BBQ is arguably the best BBQ in the nation. 

also the food truck and craft brew scenes are some of the best in the country

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

DET got a haul for Stafford, Goff, 2 1st and a 3rd.... about what I expected to pay for Watson, maybe a bit more. HOU has to love that trade....eventually.

It’s the 2022 - 2023 1st though so they could be 28+ position picks if LAR gets a bye and HFA their first playoff game.    That wouldn’t match SF 1.12 value wise even with 2 picks.   Obviously if the Rams miss playoffs then the gain is huge for Detroit.   But there’s risk both ways. The lowest confirmed 2021 pick offered was WFT 1.19 plus 3.19 for Stafford straight up.  

The big reason though is Goff’s deal.  4/106M.  For a guy who’s been worse than  league average the last 2-years. It cost the Rams to shed that deal and make the cap work.   

Edited by Broncofan

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It’s the 2022 - 2023 1st though so they could be 28+ position picks if LAR gets a bye and HFA their first playoff game.    That wouldn’t match SF 1.12 value wise even with 2 picks.   Obviously if the Rams miss playoffs then the gain is huge for Detroit.   But there’s risk both ways. The lowest confirmed 2021 pick offered was WFT 1.19 plus 3.19 for Stafford straight up.  

The big reason though is Goff’s deal.  4/106M.  For a guy who’s been worse than  league average the last 2-years. It cost the Rams to shed that deal and make the cap work.   

The nfc west is no joke the I expect that played a part

19 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

This is all stuff that was fun pre-COVID. Not sure what’s still open. The Barton Springs Pool is a cool natural springs swimming hole. It’s always a good time to grab some friends, beers,and tubes and float the Colorado (or paddle board)

The Mockingbird Saloon is a Broncos Bar to grab a game with like minded fanatics on Sundays.

6th street is fun to do once

Schlitterbahn is a world renowned water park  (south in new braunfels) 

Driskill bar is a fun bar largely unchanged from its founding in the 1800s 

Franklin BBQ is arguably the best BBQ in the nation. 

also the food truck and craft brew scenes are some of the best in the country

Thanks! Super appreciated! Looking forward to checking some of these things out. 

I got to thinking of the 2016 QB class. The Eagles and Rams traded up hauls for two QBs, then they pay hauls for the fools gold play on the field, then in the Rams trade pay a huge haul to move on from said QB.

I mean there's an argument Paxton Lynch is the third biggest bust of the first round at qb lol no? I mean he made it all but two years here but at least we ripped the band-aid off and moved on fairly quickly.

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I got to thinking of the 2016 QB class. The Eagles and Rams traded up hauls for two QBs, then they pay hauls for the fools gold play on the field, then in the Rams trade pay a huge haul to move on from said QB.

I mean there's an argument Paxton Lynch is the third biggest bust of the first round at qb lol no? I mean he made it all but two years here but at least we ripped the band-aid off and moved on fairly quickly.

Good points! Not gonna lie it's for this exact reason I'd rather wager future draft capital on a proven elite QB like Watson than use that same (or a little less, obviously) to gamble on an early pick in the draft. 

11 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

Good points! Not gonna lie it's for this exact reason I'd rather wager future draft capital on a proven elite QB like Watson than use that same (or a little less, obviously) to gamble on an early pick in the draft. 

I still prefer draft Wentz failing has just as much to do with the supporting cast they surrounded him with then him just sucking in his case lol. 

I don't think Watson should warrant the trade packages being thrown out. I mean he tore both acls and holds on to the ball more than any other QB. I think you'd have buyers remorse in the near future.

Then you look at the rams there's no plan B for him if Stafford's chronic back gets worse they don't even have the draft capitol to hedge that bet.