Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I got to thinking of the 2016 QB class. The Eagles and Rams traded up hauls for two QBs, then they pay hauls for the fools gold play on the field, then in the Rams trade pay a huge haul to move on from said QB.

I mean there's an argument Paxton Lynch is the third biggest bust of the first round at qb lol no? I mean he made it all but two years here but at least we ripped the band-aid off and moved on fairly quickly.

Wentz would have been the MVP in 2017 had he not been injured and he played a big part in helping Philly win HFA, allowing them to go on and win their first Lombardi trophy. That alone makes me disagree with this point.

Goff you can make the argument for but not Wentz IMO

27 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Wentz would have been the MVP in 2017 had he not been injured and he played a big part in helping Philly win HFA, allowing them to go on and win their first Lombardi trophy. That alone makes me disagree with this point.

Goff you can make the argument for but not Wentz IMO

Yup, flags fly forever...

Edited by Broncofan

It's like Tom Brady made a deal with the Devil somehow lol like the chips always fall for him.

Mahomes record without Eric Fisher is 3-3 that Bucs front 7 definitely gives them a good chance.

Players that go over 200 yards tyreek against Tampa when facing the team the second time average 52 yards wowwe. The high the second meeting was 82 when they went over 200 yards so really aren't any outliers.

Brady is 2-3 against spagnula led defenses in his career found that interesting. I am very curious to see if he can get pressure wilth just 4.

Also the under is looking good I think they said 2 of the last 12 Superbowls went over and one of them needed overtime. Plus you have rain. I gotta think Bucs try to have a ball control offense to keep Mahomes off the field.

I'm routing for Shaq Barrett that be so cool if he got superbowl mvp lol.

• Like 2

Any Broncos fan that roots for KC to win ought to get their fan card taken away. Sure everyone hates Brady but at this point if he wins another SB what’s it matter? He’s already cemented himself as the GOAT so one more win isn’t gonna change his legacy, Tampa is much easier to root for specifically cause they don’t have that POS Tyreke Hill.

1 hour ago, broncosfan07 said:

Any Broncos fan that roots for KC to win ought to get their fan card taken away. Sure everyone hates Brady but at this point if he wins another SB what’s it matter? He’s already cemented himself as the GOAT so one more win isn’t gonna change his legacy, Tampa is much easier to root for specifically cause they don’t have that POS Tyreke Hill.

I stopped caring about Brady winning after the Falcons game. There’s nothing left to be upset about. He already has the most stacked resume of any QB in history, another ring or two makes no difference.

But I will say it is pretty nuts that he has a chance to end up with more SB rings than any team in the NFL has won. That’s the kind of stat that can elevate your legacy from simply football’s GOAT to joining the company of Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods.

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

But I will say it is pretty nuts that he has a chance to end up with more SB rings than any team in the NFL has won. That’s the kind of stat that can elevate your legacy from simply football’s GOAT to joining the company of Muhammad Ali, Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods.

Was there any question at this point that he wasn’t in that echelon? 

2 hours ago, broncosfan07 said:

I hate the Patriots and Belichick way more than I hate Brady himself. I hope the Bucs blow KC out.

This debate is way more worth having over a KC/NE AFC title game IMO. I can't remember who I rooted for two years ago.

2 hours ago, Zukhyubern said:

Was there any question at this point that he wasn’t in that echelon? 

Personally, I don’t consider him to be worthy of that group if we’re just talking about individual dominance. A career full of great accomplishments and big wins yes, but the wow factor and blowing away the competition in real time has not been part of the Brady experience the way it was with those other guys. 

The only thing that’s made me question putting him in the tier below that group is the potential to one-up every team on Sunday. That’s mind-blowing. But I’m still iffy because I’ve never watched Brady and thought “this is the pinnacle of NFL quarterback play” the way I have with Manning, Rodgers and Mahomes.

• Like 2

Of course, these are my own arbitrary snd meaningless standards. I actually think Mahomes has the best shot, albeit unlikely, of reaching that Tier 1 of greatest athletes for me. He may never win 5 or 6 rings like Brady but he’s the first QB I’ve watched and thought “this guy is just so much better at this than anyone else”. He has broken football. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Personally, I don’t consider him to be worthy of that group if we’re just talking about individual dominance. A career full of great accomplishments and big wins yes, but the wow factor and blowing away the competition in real time has not been part of the Brady experience the way it was with those other guys. 

The only thing that’s made me question putting him in the tier below that group is the potential to one-up every team on Sunday. That’s mind-blowing. But I’m still iffy because I’ve never watched Brady and thought “this is the pinnacle of NFL quarterback play” the way I have with Manning, Rodgers and Mahomes.

You’ve got to be kidding me 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Don’t let your homerism cloud your judgement here. We’re not talking about marketing aesthetics,  we’re talking about 10 Super Bowl appearances, countless MVPs, countless records and playing at an elite level way into his forties. If you’re still trying to come up with excuses to devalidate him as belonging to the elitist of elite athletes of all time you’re either naive, in denial or both. 

I HATED Brady and the Patriots and couldn’t wait for their dominance to end but I’m not going to let my emotions obscure the fact that I think he’s the most dominant NFL player of all time. If that’s not upper echelon than I don’t know what is. 

Edited by Zukhyubern