Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

Crazy that Mahomes didn’t even play that bad, he just had nowhere to go. 

Well he had lots of places to go.  Just not forward.  

Apparently he ran 497 total scramble yards yesterday LOL.  38 pressures out of 52 drop backs.  Wow. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Absolutely - it may not have made a difference, but you wonder if Reid would re-think just putting in new 1 guy at LT and not moving the other 2 around.   When Fisher went down vs. BUF, for this game Reid moved Remmers from RT to LT, moved Wylie from RG to RT, and inserted a backup RG.  3 spots changed for 1 injury.  Even more mind-boggling - KC had no plan B.  They weren't going to keep Kelce in to block - but they actually had 2 other TE's on the roster.    The last 2 weeks could have had 12 personnel packages inserted, or empty backfields with 2TE-3WR - but nope, just 1 plan, hope & pray the 5 OL could hold up.   They couldn't.

All of that said, we likely can't count on that level of chaos next year vs. KC, sadly. 

KCs run game actually was pretty successful. They should have stuck with that much longer than they did, especially against 2/3 high safeties. 

42 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Counterpoint: as long as KC has healthy Mahomes, they’re at least in the mix. A team like Tampa that has elite talent at every position group will have a better shot, but it’s really hard to build a roster of that quality and you can usually only maintain it for a couple years. A team like KC gets ten dice rolls. A team like Tampa gets two coin flips. 

I think it's a fine line. IMO paying for an "elite QB" crosses that line. It should be educational to watch what happens to KC now. They're $12 mil over the cap next year with just 45 signed players. They've got $90 mil tied up in just 4 players, Mahomes, Clark, Mathieu and Chris Jones. That's getting pretty top heavy. 

We've got 54 players under contract and about $28 mil of cap space.

Personally I think KC's window just got slammed shut by TB. 

No matter how you build you need a solid influx of young cheap good players to make up the balance of your roster. I like where we're at there.

Edited by AKRNA

1 hour ago, grizmo78 said:

KCs run game actually was pretty successful. They should have stuck with that much longer than they did, especially against 2/3 high safeties. 

Tampa was daring KC to run.   They didn't, and man, it was ugly.

Reid really takes a F for his game prep.  He usually shines with 2 weeks of prep time.  Not yesterday, not at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Apoarently he ran 497 total scramble yards yesterday LOL.  38 pressures out of 52 drop backs.  Wow. 

Yesterday was probably the worst performance from a qb stats wise that I actually gained respect for the player. Those two throws falling down were phenomenal.

What's crazy is I think he'll get even better from this loss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Apoarently he ran 497 total scramble yards yesterday LOL.  38 pressures out of 52 drop backs.  Wow. 

Reid playing with only 5 guys blocking 92 percent of the time was also criminal. This was the Andy Reid Philly soured on.

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I hate Josh Innes with a passion - but I hate Jack Easterby even more, so good on Innes.

I listened to this about 20 times this weekend. This guy is a total loser, just out of touch with everything...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I hate Josh Innes with a passion - but I hate Jack Easterby even more, so good on Innes.

I listened to this about 20 times this weekend. This guy is a total loser, just out of touch with everything...

Jesus lol guys not a good comedian either lol I just couldn't stop laughing at that Innes tweet not really a fan don't know why I follow him tbh lol.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Jesus lol guys not a good comedian either lol I just couldn't stop laughing at that Innes tweet not really a fan don't know why I follow him tbh lol.

I've gotten into a face-to-face yelling session with Innes before - he was on local sports talk here in Houston and I think we disagreed on whether or not Matt Schaub was good (I was wrong in the end, he wasn't good) but he said something about "this is why I get paid and you don't" and it sort of escalated from there...

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I've gotten into a face-to-face yelling session with Innes before - he was on local sports talk here in Houston and I think we disagreed on whether or not Matt Schaub was good (I was wrong in the end, he wasn't good) but he said something about "this is why I get paid and you don't" and it sort of escalated from there...

Yeah I liked him at first in Philly but he definitely turned into a tool . The blind guss skit at a strip club was gold tho idk sometimes he could be different in a good way.

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Yeah I liked him at first in Philly but he definitely turned into a tool . The blind guss skit at a strip club was gold tho idk sometimes he could be different in a good way.

He was trying to emulate Howard Stern - all shock talk, it grew tiresome after a bit.

He once got into a big argument with Seth Payne from 610 here in Houston, while both were on Radio Row at the Super Bowl - Innes got the press credentials for 790 banned, that was the beginning of the end for him...

Seth Payne is a badass. Perhaps my favorite on-air personality in Houston.

John McClain is just sitting there, tweeting away...

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He was trying to emulate Howard Stern - all shock talk, it grew tiresome after a bit.

He once got into a big argument with Seth Payne from 610 here in Houston, while both were on Radio Row at the Super Bowl - Innes got the press credentials for 790 banned, that was the beginning of the end for him...

Seth Payne is a badass. Perhaps my favorite on-air personality in Houston.

John McClain is just sitting there, tweeting away...

I remember this lol