Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

I keep reading teams will value draft picks less because of the shortened college season, but the cap is going to go down to $185 million so wouldn't that make them be valued more? 

Teams are going to have to rid themselves of high priced high end talent. I see draft picks being more valued this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I keep reading teams will value draft picks less because of the shortened college season, but the cap is going to go down to $185 million so wouldn't that make them be valued more? 

Teams are going to have to rid themselves of high priced high end talent. I see draft picks being more valued this year.

Less tape collectively on all the available players.  So yeah the draft most likely will be even more of a crap shoot than normal so makes perfect sense that teams would devalue the picks this year 

1 minute ago, broncofan48 said:

Less tape collectively on all the available players.  So yeah the draft most likely will be even more of a crap shoot than normal so makes perfect sense that teams would devalue the picks this year 

I get that part of it but we still have no clue how the lowered cap effects the draft and free agency with players coming available.

And less tape can also go the other way maybe there's a couple of hidden gems we really have no clue.

There's gonna be regional events replicating the combine so I'm curious to see that impact as well maybe more players get exposed. 

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I get that part of it but we still have no clue how the lowered cap effects the draft and free agency with players coming available.

And less tape can also go the other way maybe there's a couple of hidden gems we really have no clue.

There's gonna be regional events replicating the combine so I'm curious to see that impact as well maybe more players get exposed. 

There’s players like Parsons who didn’t play the whole year, making the choice of him that much riskier   Testing only tells you so much.

Lower cap is gonna affect the contracts FA get but I don’t see how it has any bearing on how teams will be more in the dark for the prospects   And yeah there might be some gems that fall but in the end:

Less available info = less informed decisions.  Making the choices of those prospects riskier, thus devaluing the picks used on them, it’s not that hard to figure out.

25 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

There’s players like Parsons who didn’t play the whole year, making the choice of him that much riskier   Testing only tells you so much.

Lower cap is gonna affect the contracts FA get but I don’t see how it has any bearing on how teams will be more in the dark for the prospects   And yeah there might be some gems that fall but in the end:

Less available info = less informed decisions.  Making the choices of those prospects riskier, thus devaluing the picks used on them, it’s not that hard to figure out.

Parsons is going to be a top 10 pick regardless and at his position the less miles on a player the better imo I'm more worried about his character concerns.

There's no way free agency just effects the contracts guys get. You're simply either over simplifying it or overlooking it. Either teams will have to restructure big name priced guys, or in some cases they'll just cut them if the dead money allows it.

Which leads to the draft I think in a way with the less info less information I can see teams stockpiling more picks for darts to throw at the dart board like Paton says.

29 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I think we kept our scouting department intact didn't we?

22 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I'll give Bolles full credit - he's got a sense of humor (I'm guessing this was made last Valentine's, not this one lol).

Can’t recall seeing a player “get it” all at once the way Bolles seemed to in the last calendar year. 

The nice thing about sports fans’ weird fixation with pulling athletes down and lifting them back up is Bolles will become more loved by fans now than he ever would have been if he were solid from Day 1. 

• Like 3