Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, bMiller031 said:

oh no..

OMG that's a horrible list.   Bevell shouldn't even be an OC.   Garrett & Turner.....no words.   Marvel at NYG's O record last year under Garrett, and the fact that this year, Kadarius Toney was buried 5th on their depth chart because of Garrett's evaluation.

Make no mistake, Garrett would be an all-time worst idea recycle hire for any team.   The fact Bevell & Scott Turner are there with him...man.   The fact that it's Allbright has me worried, it's not like he's not plugged in.   Might need to break my rule about no drinks at lunch.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

OMG that's a horrible list.   Bevell shouldn't even be an OC.   Garrett & Turner.....no words.   Marvel at NYG's O record last year under Garrett, and the fact that this year, Kadarius Toney was buried 5th on their depth chart because of Garrett's evaluation.

Make no mistake, Garrett would be an all-time worst idea recycle hire for any team.   The fact Bevell & Scott Turner are there with him...man.   The fact that it's Allbright has me worried, it's not like he's not plugged in.   Might need to break my rule about no drinks at lunch.

None of those guys get my panties wet at all.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

In a league getting younger, more dynamic, and more innovative we seem to move in the opposite direction at every turn

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah that list makes me irate and it’s week 6. I’m having a beer now! 

2 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

In a league getting younger, more dynamic, and more innovative we seem to move in the opposite direction at every turn

I just think about two coaches and I do not know there names, the new coach for the Chargers and the one for the Eagles.  The Chargers are in 1st place right now and do not show any signs of slowing down, and the guy for the Eagles seems to have his team fighting in every game; but I don't know anyone on their team other than the QB which tells me their talent is limited on that team.  

You are right, the young coaches are getting it done, and we want the cronies.  If they want a crony, hire me. I could do just as good as Bevell. 

Even the crew and commenters at MHR hate Albright's list of prospective coaching candidates - as of this post, 69% respond "the list makes me sick" out of the six candidates. Paton is going to lose whatever good graces his has with the fanbase real quick if he goes one of those routes. (Of course, much of the MHR commenters are mentioning EB as a good choice, but I digress). 

My guess is this was leaked as a trial balloon. The fact they're leaking it says a lot.

I also wonder if Paton would do a fire and new hire before the ownership deal is settled. I also wonder if we would be limiting our lot of candidates given the unsettled ownership situation. 

18 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Even the crew and commenters at MHR hate Albright's list of prospective coaching candidates - as of this post, 69% respond "the list makes me sick" out of the six candidates. Paton is going to lose whatever good graces his has with the fanbase real quick if he goes one of those routes. (Of course, much of the MHR commenters are mentioning EB as a good choice, but I digress). 

My guess is this was leaked as a trial balloon. The fact they're leaking it says a lot.

I also wonder if Paton would do a fire and new hire before the ownership deal is settled. I also wonder if we would be limiting our lot of candidates given the unsettled ownership situation. 

I'm unsure what's to be gained by firing anyone before the season ends. I have no problem letting it play out and hitting the reset button in the 'off-season'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Helicopter said:

I'm unsure what's to be gained by firing anyone before the season ends. I have no problem letting it play out and hitting the reset button in the 'off-season'. 

On this I agree. I don't think it makes sense to fire a coach mid-season absent a major scandal (Mac's SpyGate issue) or if the coach has totally lost the locker room (Mac's personality). Vance was just as bad of a HC as Mac but the atmosphere wasn't totally toxic so he was allowed to coach out the season. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

42 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

On this I agree. I don't think it makes sense to fire a coach mid-season absent a major scandal (Mac's SpyGate issue) or if the coach has totally lost the locker room (Mac's personality). Vance was just as bad of a HC as Mac but the atmosphere wasn't totally toxic so he was allowed to coach out the season. 

Only caveat is that, if things spiral, Vic and Shurmur need to be willing to carve out major reps to the younger guys (Muti, Mainers, Williams, Browning, Cooper, Stearns, Ojemudia, etc.) and if they’re dogmatic about keeping vets in at the expense of the young guys we’ll need to cut them loose.

Kingsbury did all the week prep, so we're about to find out how much he helps/hurts in-game management - because we all know what VJ can't do....lol.

Cleveland's D is wiped out with injuries, and they played a grueling game, and now miss Nick Chubb.   Arizona misses their all-world FA C Rodney Hudson, and now Kingsbury.    One of the most interesting games we'll see this week (LAC-BAL another big one).