Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Deshaun getting $230M from the Browns (assuming a trade gets worked out).

In other news, this might be the biggest L of Allbright’s career and I am HERE for it.

Just what the AFC needed, another elite young quarterback. Great…

10 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

Sorry, but Adams makes sure they have a really good/great WR. He has history with Carr and playing off Waller isn't gonna hurt that offense . May be a bit over-priced but look at their draft choices over the past couple of years, maybe it looks different. 

Yeah. But He and Carr also have to learn Mac’s offense, both have played in a WCO for the duration of their careers. Adams might have some chemistry with Carr, but it’s not going to replicate what he had with Aaron. Plus, Carr is no Rodgers (and I genuinely like Derek Carr as a dude) but his QB is unquestionably a downgrade from Rodgers. Also, throw in the fact that Adams played for a players coach type in LaFleur and Mac is the polar opposite of that. If (when) the Raiders struggle out of the gate watch for Mac to start alienating subordinates and throwing assistant coaches and players under the bus. Plus trading two premium picks and $28m in cap space to a dependent position is not wise player personnel management. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Just what the AFC needed, another elite young quarterback. Great…

He, Watson, was already in the AFC. He just went from one dysfunctional organization to another. And Watson is so, so, so overrated. He’s Star Wars numbers with bad character and leadership and he will now play in a division that has the defending AFC Champs alongside the Ravens and Steelers, two of the elite organizations in the NFL. 

Thr Browns won’t even make the playoffs, trading 5 picks for and paying $230m to The Pervert won’t change that. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

He, Watson, was already in the AFC. He just went from one dysfunctional organization to another. And Watson is so, so, so overrated. He’s Star Wars numbers with bad character and leadership and he will now play in a division that has the defending AFC Champs alongside the Ravens and Steelers, two of the elite organizations in the NFL. 

Thr Browns won’t even make the playoffs, trading 5 picks for and paying $230m to The Pervert won’t change that. 

He was out of football so he wasn’t even part of the equation. I’m not seeing what you’re seeing I guess. I think he’s a phenomenal QB. I don’t know if he’s too worried about Mitch Trubisky. 

2 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

He was out of football so he wasn’t even part of the equation. I’m not seeing what you’re seeing I guess. I think he’s a phenomenal QB. I don’t know if he’s too worried about Mitch Trubisky. 

Definitely helps CLE a ton and yes Watson the player is elite.   Agree though that Pittsburgh going to go through a 1-2 year transition though.  

The 5/230M shows though how the QB scale is changing.    Allen / Herbert / Burrow joining the 40M+ club soon.  

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Definitely helps CLE a ton and yes Watson the player is elite.   Agree though that Pittsburgh going to go through a 1-2 year transition though.  

The 5/230M shows though how the QB scale is changing.    Allen / Herbert / Burrow joining the 40M+ club soon.  

Gotta extend Wilson before Herbert and Burrow can sign their extensions 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

The Steelers are the Steelers, they have elite lines and a HC who is at least borderline HOF. I was talking about the franchise not who their QB is next year. And if and when The Pervert does more than put up Star Wars numbers, I’ll recant. 

The Browns are the Browns, like the Raiders are the Raiders, the Jags are the Jags. The Pervert isn’t going change that.

Watson reminds me of Stanford (prior to this season), Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, or Warren Moon. They look great most of the time. But it doesn’t translate to wins. They have that ability to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory. In the four years he was the Texans starter they had the same record (including 1-3 in the playoffs) as the four years immediately before he was drafted. Despite all of the numbers he literally made no difference. The browns will regret this trade. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Watson reminds me of Stanford (prior to this season), Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, or Warren Moon. They look great most of the time. But it doesn’t translate to wins. They have that ability to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory. In the four years he was the Texans starter they had the same record (including 1-3 in the playoffs) as the four years immediately before he was drafted. Despite all of the numbers he literally made no difference. The browns will regret this trade. 

Testing: ******

Edit - huh. Interesting.

Edited by broncosfan_101

4 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Sua Cravens trashing Fangio on twitter 

He and Simmons are tight - so there’s some context here.  But Simmons and CHJ backing up Cravens’ claims adds more than just random ex-player beefs.    

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1