Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

39 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The draw is based on FIFA rankings. Top 7 ranked teams plus the host go in pot A, next 8 best teams in pot B, same for pot C, then the bottom 5 teams go in pot D with the two inter-continental qualifiers, plus the final UEFA qualifier. We desperately wanna bump up into pot C, which I think is pretty likely?

Thx.  That’s how casual I am. 

I guess CAN is 33rd in world rankings as of February.   So seems like a good shot if they win the qualifying stage in 1st place.  

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Thx.  That’s how casual I am. 

I guess CAN is 33rd in world rankings as of February.   So seems like a good shot if they win the qualifying stage in 1st place.  

Been told that Canada needs to win vs Panama tomorrow to clinch their spot in Pot C (new men’s rankings hit before the draw is made, and we’ll need the points from a win to stay above Tunisia. Panama’s been eliminated so they’ve got nothing to play for. Hoping for a rollover on their part.

• 3 weeks later...

Won’t lie I doubt if I’ll watch even 1 USFL game but reading that De’vante Bausby is playing there I wish him good luck.   Neck injuries pretty iffy to come back hope he’ll be ok.   

Having Kyle Sloter and Paxton Lynch on the league rosters there definitely brings back memories.  And makes me even happier Paton got Russell Wilson this offseason. Won’t miss QB offseason controversies hopefully for the next 6+ offseasons.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Won’t lie I doubt if I’ll watch even 1 USFL game but reading that De’vante Bausby is playing there I wish him good luck.   Neck injuries pretty iffy to come back hope he’ll be ok.   

Having Kyle Sloter and Paxton Lynch on the league rosters there definitely brings back memories.  And makes me even happier Paton got Russell Wilson this offseason. Won’t miss QB offseason controversies hopefully for the next 6+ offseasons.  

I wish Sloter good luck. He didn't get a fair chance here. Honestly, he should have went to the CFL after his first year.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

I wish Sloter good luck. He didn't get a fair chance here. Honestly, he should have went to the CFL after his first year.

Yeah Sloter wasn’t the answer but in hindsight he probably had as good of a shot to help or more than some of the guys we kept. In another lifetime he could have been someone’s backup.   

Re: CFL the problem is unless you’re a mega-star even backups make more scratch than CFL highest paid players.  And if it’s not one of the 3 big cities it’s a pretty big culture shock.   So much smaller and so little to do compared to most NFL cities (and so cold in Nov).   At least now with ESPN & streaming they don’t miss out on US staples on TV lol. 

Edited by Broncofan

Is it bad when you get called in to sub in for an ineffective starter and get pulled for said struggling starter…in the same game?   Man we all knew Paxton didn’t have it but that’s downright embarrassing.    

Craziest part - Jeff Fisher as HC, Christian Hackenberg is their QB coach.  Won’t be second guessing decision to skip watching any games lol. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

I was thinking about Bolles and what impact Wilson may have on his play (if any) this coming year. Is anyone else concerned we may see considerable regression with him having to figure out how to block for a QB like Russell?

Combine that with with weakness on the IOL and he could be in for a long year. Somehow we've got to upgrade our IOL or our season is over before it begins.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that bubble run by the Nuggets in 2020 - I was absolutely gutted when the season was over.

The last two seasons, in particular, this last season have just been exhausting. I am actually relieved it's over. Just a full season of wondering if Murray (and then MPJ) are coming back, knowing the team doesn't have a chance without them and seeing Jokic lose at least a year of his career trying to carry them.

I was fortunate enough to not follow the NBA in the pre-Jokic era - I can imagine it being easier to support a bad team (with little emotional investment) than the purgatory the Nuggets have found themselves in the last year and a half.

I looked back at their schedule - I didn't watch a total of 5 of their games this season. I'm exhausted. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I remember that bubble run by the Nuggets in 2020 - I was absolutely gutted when the season was over.

The last two seasons, in particular, this last season have just been exhausting. I am actually relieved it's over. Just a full season of wondering if Murray (and then MPJ) are coming back, knowing the team doesn't have a chance without them and seeing Jokic lose at least a year of his career trying to carry them.

I was fortunate enough to not follow the NBA in the pre-Jokic era - I can imagine it being easier to support a bad team (with little emotional investment) than the purgatory the Nuggets have found themselves in the last year and a half.

I looked back at their schedule - I didn't watch a total of 5 of their games this season. I'm exhausted. 

I think Aaron Gordon is a very nice piece to compliment Jokic, but he needs another alpha beside him if the Nuggets want to go to the next level.  Me thinks that is going to take a trade to a team who wants MPJ. Maybe Beal is the compliment to Jokic?  But they cannot squander a chance to have that caliber of player in Jokic and not pair him up with another superstar, with the Murray's and Gordons of the world serving as really great compliments. 

I know that naturopathic medicine is all the rage but methinks Nuk Hopkins took things a little too far by going with beaver tranquilizers.   😁

On a serious note if we get ‘Zona in the first 6 games that’s such a break.   That O is completely different when Hopkins is limited / doesn’t play.  

EDIT: Forgot it was a Dodgeball ref.  Strong callback.   But the news still big for those first 6 weeks.  

Edited by Broncofan