Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Counts as a road game, too.  Even better.

Gotta think with Russell Wilson, Denver's going to get at least 4, if not 5 more prime-time (or Saturday) games.    DEN-KC will be almost certainly 1, DEN-SEA could be another if there's an angle to sell the SEA games for (Russell returns home).    

Edited by Broncofan

On 4/28/2022 at 8:13 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

I remember that bubble run by the Nuggets in 2020 - I was absolutely gutted when the season was over.

The last two seasons, in particular, this last season have just been exhausting. I am actually relieved it's over. Just a full season of wondering if Murray (and then MPJ) are coming back, knowing the team doesn't have a chance without them and seeing Jokic lose at least a year of his career trying to carry them.

I was fortunate enough to not follow the NBA in the pre-Jokic era - I can imagine it being easier to support a bad team (with little emotional investment) than the purgatory the Nuggets have found themselves in the last year and a half.

I looked back at their schedule - I didn't watch a total of 5 of their games this season. I'm exhausted. 

As a lifelong diehard from Denver I’ll take this any day over any other Nuggets era even with the “lost” season. 

Despite the odds it’s important that Jokic DID carry this team which grew mightily over the year and transcended expectations. It might be a “lost” season in many ways but we have so much to be optimistic for. 

5 hours ago, Zukhyubern said:

As a lifelong diehard from Denver I’ll take this any day over any other Nuggets era even with the “lost” season. 

Despite the odds it’s important that Jokic DID carry this team which grew mightily over the year and transcended expectations. It might be a “lost” season in many ways but we have so much to be optimistic for. 

Well, I can only take your word for it.

I think you are misinterpreting what I meant by saying Jokic lost a season. What I meant was that the extra workload he took on this past year would take an additional year out of his legs than you'd expect, hence him "losing" a year. I wasn't calling the Nuggets season a lost season, although I would certainly entertain someone saying that.

As for the optimism - I can understand that. But surely you can understand people feeling pessimistic. 

Malone's pessimism around Jamal in his end of season presser, MPJ on a max deal with his career in total jeopardy, luxury tax with cheap(ish) owners when it comes to anyone but the Rams and an inbalanced roster (no good perimeter defender, backup 5 still a massive issue).

I hope you're right, it just sucks so much that the optimism was insane before Jamal's ACL.

Ok that’s 2 solo games - Christmas Day Sat game week 16 @ LAR joining the UK “@Jax” game.     

As they don’t officially count as prime time games still expect 4-5 more prime time games.  DEN @ SEA being an obvious angle still in play.   So many other great matchups to pick from as well. 

Edited by Broncofan

On 5/9/2022 at 8:41 AM, broncosfan_101 said:

Somebody please go see Ray LaMontagne at Red Rocks tomorrow in my honour, thank you. 

I saw him at the paramount theater in Denver.  Super talented and I like his music, but what a boring strange presence. 

Edited by Winder23

10 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Just saw our schedule on the crawl. Can't remember em all but it looks like a soft start but a ROUGH end. Actually kinda perfect for us to gel though

DEN @ SEA week 1 MNF (so easy to predict as a way to get SEA a meaningful prime time game)

SF @ DEN week 3 SNF

IND @ DEN week 5 TNF

DEN @ LAC week 6 MNF

KC @ DEN week 14 SNF

Christmas (@LAR)  & UK game (JAX) - that's 7 solo games.  With reasonable chance we could flex into a 7th solo game.

As for Week 1-18

Week 1 MNF @ SEA

Week 2 vs HOU

Week 3 vs. SF SNF

Week 4 @ LV

Week 5 vs. IND TNF

Week 6 @LAC MNF

Week 7 vs. NYJ 

Week 8 @ JAX (UK game)

Week 9 BYE

Week 10 @TEN

Week 11 vs. LV

Week 12 @ CAR

Week 13 @ BAL

Week 14 vs KC (SNF)

Week 15 vs. ARI 

Week 16 @ LAR (Christmas Saturday)

Week 17 @ KC 

Week 18 vs. LAC

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Never been a huge fan of Colorado's domestic violence laws, and Jeudy’s arrest today is a perfect example why. Him and his girlfriend got into an argument. He then locked a couple of her things in his car and wouldn’t unlock it for her so she called the police to come over and perform what she likely thought was gonna be a simple civil standby. However, unbeknownst to both of them, locking her stuff in the car met the requirement for second degree criminal tampering. And because she’s his baby momma, that also requires the arresting officers to attach a ‘domestic violence’ sentencing enhancer to the charge. And in Colorado, any charge with a dv enhancer requires an automatic arrest AND the defendant to be advised by a judge before bail can be set. So now, every headline in America reads, “Broncos Jerry Jeudy arrested for domestic violence. Is currently being held without bond.” That’s sounds a LOOOOOOT worse than what actually happened here. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

Never been a huge fan of Colorado's domestic violence laws, and Jeudy’s arrest today is a perfect example why. Him and his girlfriend got into an argument. He then locked a couple of her things in his car and wouldn’t unlock it for her so she called the police to come over and perform what she likely thought was gonna be a simple civil standby. However, unbeknownst to both of them, locking her stuff in the car met the requirement for second degree criminal tampering. And because she’s his baby momma, that also requires the arresting officers to attach a ‘domestic violence’ sentencing enhancer to the charge. And in Colorado, any charge with a dv enhancer requires an automatic arrest AND the defendant to be advised by a judge before bail can be set. So now, every headline in America reads, “Broncos Jerry Jeudy arrested for domestic violence. Is currently being held without bond.” That’s sounds a LOOOOOOT worse than what actually happened here. 

Yeah the facts of the case are very mild to say the least.   I posted the SO report here:

FWIW as a non-Colorado fan I get the benefit though - guarantees bad actors are taken away from a dangerous situation.   No favoritism / wink-wink / bias.    Just means some situations that don’t really fit get treated harshly.    Reality is Jeudy will walk away from this being it’s a nothing burger from the account of the Sheriff’s office themselves.   

2 teams that lost the Western Conference series this weekend gotta feel very different.    Memphis such a young core and Ja is the real deal.   Phoenix had it all going last year but now you have to wonder if their window is about to close.   Booker is a great player but Paul can only play at this level for so long.    

On the flip side Doncic is such a rockstar.    He’s carrying that team with 2 side pieces.     Don’t think they can beat GS but gotta feel good with him as the face of that franchise.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Broncofan said:

2 teams that lost the Western Conference series this weekend gotta feel very different.    Memphis such a young core and Ja is the real deal.   Phoenix had it all going last year but now you have to wonder if their window is about to close.   Booker is a great player but Paul can only play at this level for so long.    

On the flip side Doncic is such a rockstar.    He’s carrying that team with 2 side pieces.     Don’t think they can beat GS but gotta feel good with him as the face of that franchise.  

I mean Dallas is an extremely well coached team that is very good defensively. Doncic is a true superstar, but it's not a carry job. I think what we we are seeing is a league with more parity and the superteams that have been put together just aren't finding the success. The league is so deep and talented right now 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

I mean Dallas is an extremely well coached team that is very good defensively. Doncic is a true superstar, but it's not a carry job. I think what we we are seeing is a league with more parity and the superteams that have been put together just aren't finding the success. The league is so deep and talented right now 

The Mavs’ D is excellent for sure.    But when it comes to the cream of the crop it’s hard to win without more half court options on O.     The Warriors winning it all would really challenge the notion of needing interior size to win.   Even with no Ja it was eye opening that they won the boards in that series W’s so decisively.    Green is a special defender & distributor though but will be interesting to see how Dallas decides to attack GSW.  

Milwaukee losing Middleton really hurt them this playoffs (but they probably don’t get by the Nets last year without the injury breaks there). Full credit to the C’s they hung in.    Side note - age may finally catching up with Kyle Lowry - the Heat were much better without him last series.   Obv the hammy still an issue but it was eye opening how much better they were with him sidelined last series.

Like you said though the big change is the young stars are really shining now, it’s no longer the vets claiming the limelight in the playoffs.   The league’s in good hands with guys like Luka / Trae (last year) / Tatum delivering on their promise into big playoff runs.  

Edited by Broncofan