Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

I just couldn't believe the Ayton regression in the postseason.  

Despite the lack of extension before the season, he seemed super motivated this year and I just can't believe how bad he was in that Mavs series. 

Him leaving definitely makes the Suns a worse team in the regular season. Interesting to see what they do at the 5 now 

7 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Great Avs game tonight, Blues with Binnington in goal played good defense but we took them out in OT 3-2

Binner tapping into his 2019 self when he willed that team to a cup. He looked amazing tonight but it was ROR and binner vs the Avs. 100+ shots on net. 5 off the post (tnt brodcast says that ties the playoff record, seems a bit low tbh).

another game like that an I expect binnington to crack again, like he did last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Binner tapping into his 2019 self when he willed that team to a cup. He looked amazing tonight but it was ROR and binner vs the Avs. 100+ shots on net. 5 off the post (tnt brodcast says that ties the playoff record, seems a bit low tbh).

another game like that an I expect binnington to crack again, like he did last year.

Yeah, they peppered Binnington but he was holding strong thru most of the game. Their defense held our speed in check but we found the way to get it done.  Taking out Binnington is the key to getting past this round

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2022 at 4:03 PM, lomaxgrUK said:

I just couldn't believe the Ayton regression in the postseason.  

Despite the lack of extension before the season, he seemed super motivated this year and I just can't believe how bad he was in that Mavs series. 

Him leaving definitely makes the Suns a worse team in the regular season. Interesting to see what they do at the 5 now 

The playoff PNR with 3+ long range gunners on the floor and 2 penetrators (obv some guys can do both) is absolutely killing 5’s who can’t play in space.   Gobert was destroyed last year and the same happened to Ayton last series.  I’m a pure casual fan (playoffs mostly) but it’s crazy how that setup exposes bigs who can’t cover in space. 

It sure seems like a huge reason why GS decided to go small with Green at the 5. So far it’s worked but they’re nowhere near as stifling as their glory days.  DAL could go big up front and challenge that or stick with 5 shooters on the floor.   Will be fascinating to watch.   

Edited by Broncofan

Been busy lately.  Had our 2nd April 26th.  Named her Ollive and will call her Ollie.  Our first is Archibald call him Archie (we were a year ahead of the Royal family).  Both baby and mom doing great.

Though a few days after we had our sons 4 year annual checkup and the doctor noticed a “rather loud” heart murmur.  At one time I vaguely remember him being sick and a doctor asking me if we’d ever been told he has one in which I said no.   We did move out of the springs in June and are seeing a new doctor, but anyway they’re sending us to a pediatric cardiologist.  Don’t know if anyone has any experience with that.

4 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Been busy lately.  Had our 2nd April 26th.  Named her Ollive and will call her Ollie.  Our first is Archibald call him Archie (we were a year ahead of the Royal family).  Both baby and mom doing great.

Though a few days after we had our sons 4 year annual checkup and the doctor noticed a “rather loud” heart murmur.  At one time I vaguely remember him being sick and a doctor asking me if we’d ever been told he has one in which I said no.   We did move out of the springs in June and are seeing a new doctor, but anyway they’re sending us to a pediatric cardiologist.  Don’t know if anyone has any experience with that.

Adding.  Current doctor said she isn’t overly concerned because other than that he’s healthy and active but wanted to have it double checked because of how noticeable it is.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Don’t deal with kids but high flow murmurs are common in otherwise healthy kids.    If you’ve got a good health plan there’s no downside to getting it checked.   Usually an ultrasound (echocardiogram) is all that’s needed to be 100 percent sure.   

Good luck (and congrats on the 2nd), 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, germ-x said:

Adding.  Current doctor said she isn’t overly concerned because other than that he’s healthy and active but wanted to have it double checked because of how noticeable it is.

Our 8 month old daughter was 8 weeks early and has a heart murmur; she's fully healthy, with doctors having no concerns (we go every 3 months for a free heart scan. God bless the NHS).

I'm sure your daughter will be absolutely fine. Congratulations!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, germ-x said:

When you put your head on his chest does it sound like a washing machine? From what you’ve described is probably a VSD (ventricular septal defect) a small hole in the wall between the two bottom chambers of the heart. Super common (I discover probably 4-6/year in my ED) and they get louder as the kid gets older because the hole gets smaller. An echo will confirm. Most close on their own and most of the ones that don’t never pose a problem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

When you put your head on his chest does it sound like a washing machine? From what you’ve described is probably a VSD (ventricular septal defect) a small hole in the wall between the two bottom chambers of the heart. Super common (I discover probably 4-6/year in my ED) and they get louder as the kid gets older because the hole gets smaller. An echo will confirm. Most close on their own and most of the ones that don’t never pose a problem.

Haven’t done that, but will give it a try.  I’d heard of murmurs but never ones where they sent you to a cardiologist which is what concerned me.  Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/18/2022 at 9:06 PM, germ-x said:

I was diagnosed with a heart murmur when I was 8. Bicuspid w/stenosis. No weightlifting, no contact sports. A few years ago, when I turned 40 I got into ultra running and ran a 50k in 2020. Best shape of my life. Cardiologists say everything checks out with clean bill of health, no restrictions. I'll eventually need surgery, but that's still a ways out. Hope all works out for your son. Eating healthy and staying slim with lots of cardio has kept the resting heart rate down ;)

Edited by The Helicopter

On 5/19/2022 at 1:07 AM, lomaxgrUK said:

Our 8 month old daughter was 8 weeks early and has a heart murmur; she's fully healthy, with doctors having no concerns (we go every 3 months for a free heart scan. God bless the NHS).

I'm sure your daughter will be absolutely fine. Congratulations!

Thanks and congrats to you as well if I missed it.  

11 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

I was diagnosed with a heart murmur when I was 8. Bicuspid w/stenosis. No weightlifting, no contact sports. A few years ago, when I turned 40 I got into ultra running and ran a 50k in 2020. Best shape of my life. Cardiologists say everything checks out with clean bill of health, no restrictions. I'll eventually need surgery, but that's still a ways out. Hope all works out for your son. Eating healthy and staying slim with lots of cardio has kept the resting heart rate down ;)

Hahaha now you’re making me feel bad. I don’t know if I could get through a 5K.  Congrats on the 50k and thanks for the info.

Posted (edited)

It’s like Mac actively works to create problems for his team. They (over) pay the, at best, above-average Derek Carr and then invite the most polarizing player in NFL history in for a workout during the slowest NFL news time of the year. WTF?

Kap is 35 and been out of the league for 5 years. He’s not going to meaningfully contribute and will just create controversy due to his politics (agree or disagree with them, he’s as polarizing as they get).

If Mac and the Raiders should be doing anything it should be staying as quiet as possible, keeping a low profile and getting their team, almost all of whom come from WCO systems, ready for camp. 

I guess Mac is gonna Mac. This should be a hysterical next 18 months. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 4