Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

59 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Excited to announce we're expecting our first child, a daughter, in October. The wife and I could not be more thrilled!

Congrats! Our 2nd is due here in the next 5 weeks, two under 2 should be quite fun.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Congrats! Don’t suppose Barbara will be on the short list?

Thank you sir! No, regrettable Barbara didn't make the cut. She'll thank me in the long run. 😉

1 hour ago, broncosfan07 said:

Congrats! Our 2nd is due here in the next 5 weeks, two under 2 should be quite fun.

Thanks man! Congrats to you as well. Sounds like you're a pro at this point. 

On 6/2/2022 at 7:11 AM, broncosfan07 said:

Congrats!  Our 1st is due in late July.  Lots of nervous energy… can’t wait

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 6:10 AM, broncos67 said:

Excited to announce we're expecting our first child, a daughter, in October. The wife and I could not be more thrilled!

Awesome news Ben!! 

Becoming a father is the coolest thing I've ever done in my life!

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 12:03 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Awesome news Ben!! 

Becoming a father is the coolest thing I've ever done in my life!

Thanks Dan! I'm very much looking forward to it! Another Broncos fan is never a bad thing 😀

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2022 at 4:10 AM, broncos67 said:

This is always fun for me. I'm excited for you, same as I've been for the rest on this forum that have become parents. My first of two was almost 40 years ago and both he and my daughter turned out great.

Patience, learning to count to 10, and realizing they mean more to you than yourself is the key. Great times, tough times, they're all ahead. The blessing they are when you hit my age (turned 71 on the 5th) can't be described. Enjoy the journey bud! It goes too fast.

If you do it right they'll make you the best version of yourself.

Edited by AKRNA
  • Like 2

Just seen that there are now two more lawsuits being filed against Watson - with the 24th woman apparently being able to provide corroborating evidence. This guy has all the hallmarks of a predator and this was easily predictable.

The Browns have dug themselves a big brown smelly hole and they are not going to get out of it very easily. they should have known better. When the Dolphins were going to trade for Wilson they demanded that he settle all the lawsuits prior to the trade and wanted clauses in the contract that would viod certain parts of the deal if new allegations emerged - Watson refused, knowing full well more stuff was coming down the line. The Browns on the other hand gave up 3 first rounders and more, plus a guaranteed contract for $230million for a guy that might never see a football field again for a long. long time.

4 hours ago, AKRNA said:

This is always fun for me. I'm excited for you, same as I've been for the rest on this forum that have become parents. My first of two was almost 40 years ago and both he and my daughter turned out great.

Patience, learning to count to 10, and realizing they mean more to you than yourself is the key. Great times, tough times, they're all ahead. The blessing they are when you hit my age (turned 71 on the 5th) can't be described. Enjoy the journey bud! It goes too fast.

If you do it right they'll make you the best version of yourself.

Thanks AK! Appreciate that advice. Looking forward to the journey and soaking up every minute with her.

4 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

Congrats - my third grandchild is due around the same time.

Thanks my friend. Congrats to you as well! Always an exciting time. For my mom and my mother-in-law it's their first grandchild so they're predictably over the moon lol.