Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Honestly, if what Wolfe has said about Fangio is true, then the only reason we aren’t talking about Von as arguably the greatest pass rusher ever is because of Vic’s ego. Von was in a tear before Fangio took over as well. In non-Fangio years as a bronco he averaged 0.82 sacks per game in the regular season and 0.93 sacks per game in the post season.

What did Derek say about Fangio? I wonder if we as a fanbase misinterpreted the last few years as a late career regression in his play when actually he has just being misused by an inept coaching staff. 

5 hours ago, paul-mac said:

What did Derek say about Fangio? I wonder if we as a fanbase misinterpreted the last few years as a late career regression in his play when actually he has just being misused by an inept coaching staff. 

Lots of little comments. Things like Vic was more concerned about his scheme getting the credit than any player.  Wolfe and Von had great feel for each other and previous staffs would let them freelance a bit, Vic would punish von for freelancing a pass rush (instead of maintaining gap maintenance) by dropping him into coverage more. Vic didn’t believe in analytics or the science of recovery. Ect

• Like 1

D-Mac remains insufferable so I haven't listened to that show in years other than just very rarely in passing but I have been curious what Wolfe has been like on that show, he's always been unfiltered and now that he's not even restrained by team PR people I'm sure he's quite a bit on which he can dish. 

What is sad about this team is that they aren't even fun to watch; it's excruciating and boring.  Maybe things are evening out this year from the Tebow year when every game was a must watch, even though the scoring is similar to the offensive output they are throwing out there now.  It's just easier to read how close we won, and how many penalty yards we had in a game than watching it...it's just bad.  I'd rather watch MASH reruns. 

• Like 3

On 10/23/2022 at 6:56 AM, jsthomp2007 said:

What is sad about this team is that they aren't even fun to watch; it's excruciating and boring.  Maybe things are evening out this year from the Tebow year when every game was a must watch, even though the scoring is similar to the offensive output they are throwing out there now.  It's just easier to read how close we won, and how many penalty yards we had in a game than watching it...it's just bad.  I'd rather watch MASH reruns. 

Add to that this weekend we’re to get the ugliest possible uniform combination. White with blue stripe top and blue with orange stripe bottom. Ugly football being played in ugly uniforms. My apologies to those going to the game. 

• Like 3

On 10/23/2022 at 7:56 AM, jsthomp2007 said:

Same story every year for the past 7 years or whatever it's been. It's fun to watch good defense when there's an offense scoring points behind it. It sucks watching a stellar defensive performance be wasted time and time again because the offense is just trash.

• Like 3

Nick Castellanos has played way over his head defensively in these playoffs, but he was signed for his offense……he has to be the worst offensive player I’ve seen hitting in the middle of a lineup in my lifetime.  Very obvious he has no clue what he’s doing at the plate.

11 hours ago, germ-x said:

Nick Castellanos has played way over his head defensively in these playoffs, but he was signed for his offense……he has to be the worst offensive player I’ve seen hitting in the middle of a lineup in my lifetime.  Very obvious he has no clue what he’s doing at the plate.

Nothing I enjoy more than trolling my friends in our group chats about the Phillies recent performance. It never gets old. Castellanos is a bum. Philly fans will turn on him soon. It's already starting.