Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

On 1/13/2023 at 2:30 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Re: Payton and the LAC job, does anyone question whether the notoriously stingy Spanos family would be willing to meet the exorbitant price Payton will certainly command? Along with what figures to be an all-star staff?

Also, think about this. Say Payton does land in L.A. while Harbaugh comes here. Both put together all star staffs. Mac signs Brady and gets an extra pick for Carr.

Once again, the biggest off-season story line would be “holy s*** look at the AFCW!” 

…and then the Chiefs wrap up the division title before Christmas. 

Well we’re about to find out because I don’t see how Brandon Staley survives tonight.   Not just blowing a 27 pt lead but no doubt Mike Williams might have helped them keep said lead.   

Payton’s top choice is almost certainly LAC.   Just more are the Spanos family willing to pony up the $?

Side note - I love that we still have 4 games this weekend.   Last big weekend of football where it dominates the entire slate.

But man, as @Scoundrel mentioned in the GDT thread in the Main Forum - this is so dumb we're getting a 430 and 815 start.   Given time outs, commercials, injuries - it's not crazy to get the 815 game pushed back, last week the PHI-MIN game got pushed back 30+ mins.   I get it when we have 1 & 4 PM games, but this is ridiculous.  And yes, I'm officially now old - but some of us also work on weekends too lol (7 AM ET start tomorrow).

I can't even imagine what the EU fans must be thinking lol.  A 3 PM ET / 630 PM start like they're doing tomorrow would be far more ideal.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Side note - I love that we still have 4 games this weekend.   Last big weekend of football where it dominates the entire slate.

But man, as @Scoundrel mentioned in the GDT thread in the Main Forum - this is so dumb we're getting a 430 and 815 start.   Given time outs, commercials, injuries - it's not crazy to get the 815 game pushed back, last week the PHI-MIN game got pushed back 30+ mins.   I get it when we have 1 & 4 PM games, but this is ridiculous.  And yes, I'm officially now old - but some of us also work on weekends too lol (7 AM ET start tomorrow).

I can't even imagine what the EU fans must be thinking lol.  A 3 PM ET / 630 PM start like they're doing tomorrow would be far more ideal.

Sounds like you live in the wrong time zone tbh. Mountain time zone is the best time zone.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

For football season, it definitely is lol.   

Actually, Alaska has them all beat. Sleep in, watch the first game at 9:00. Second starts at 12:00-12:25 and is done by 3:30, plenty of time left in the afternoon to do other stuff. 

I love it when the Bronco's have an early game. A lazy Sunday morning and the whole day open after noon. Perfect!

• Like 3

I used to hate the playoff schedule when I was younger. UK viewers can only watch the first game really, so I used to hate having to watch the later games on replay the next day.

Now, however, I like it. By watching the next day I can watch the game in 40 mins rather than 3 and a half hours of painful commercial breaks and replay reviews, etc. 

To be honest, the Bills / Bengals game was dragging that bad I just ended up watching Jon Rahm bring it home at La Quinta (side note - me and my wife are going to Rome to catch the Saturday of the Ryder Cup in September, can't wait).

Edited by lomaxgrUK
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I used to hate the playoff schedule when I was younger. UK viewers can only watch the first game really, so I used to hate having to watch the later games on replay the next day.

Now, however, I like it. By watching the next day I can watch the game in 40 mins rather than 3 and a half hours of painful commercial breaks and replay reviews, etc. 

To be honest, the Bills / Bengals game was dragging that bad I just ended up watching Jon Rahm bring it home at La Quinta (side note - me and my wife are going to Rome to catch the Saturday of the Ryder Cup in September, can't wait).

We're debating doing a little international travel with the baby in the summer. 

Iceland, London, Dublin are the current options. Should be an interesting experience.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Ryder cup should be great apparently the Molinari Bros are working out hard to get in shape.   Get a home course the Euros are comfortable with it levels the playing field so much.  

For the reg season the one benefit to being in EU was you could have a full day with family then start watching Sunday skate at 6/7 pm.   And late games end by 1 AM-ish.   If you’re on vacation that’s actually better.   Getting up for work at 6-7 AM though would be rough lol. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

We're debating doing a little international travel with the baby in the summer. 

Iceland, London, Dublin are the current options. Should be an interesting experience.

Incredibly, I've never been to Dublin despite it being like an hour flight away. It's mega expensive but the Irish are great people so I've no doubt I would love it. A Six Nations game at Croke Park is on the bucket list for sure.

I've also never done Iceland - again, it's supposed to be really nice but the cost has always just been a bit too much for me to not venture elsewhere in Europe.

I'm always intrigued by tourists visiting London from afar. I guess it's kinda like New York for people from the North East of America. There is just sooooooo much to do that you've got no chance of getting the best bits (in my opinion) if you want to do all of the usual London tourist stuff (Buckingham Palace, Leicester Square, London Eye, Westminster etc).

It really is an amazing City. I'd hate to live there like many of my friends do; however getting in and out always makes for such a good time.

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Ryder cup should be great apparently the Molinari Bros are working out hard to get in shape.   Get a home course the Euros are comfortable with it levels the playing field so much.  

I just worry the talent gap is just so, so big right now. I don't think US golf has been in such good shape in my lifetime. Not only is the talent there, you don't have the non-team friendly egos that the Woods/Mickleson/Love III teams had, despite all of their talent.

Right now, the US has players like Xander and Morikawa in the bottom half of their qualified team rankings - Europe has Otaegui and Hojgaard. Massive gap.

14 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Incredibly, I've never been to Dublin despite it being like an hour flight away. It's mega expensive but the Irish are great people so I've no doubt I would love it. A Six Nations game at Croke Park is on the bucket list for sure.

I've also never done Iceland - again, it's supposed to be really nice but the cost has always just been a bit too much for me to not venture elsewhere in Europe.

I'm always intrigued by tourists visiting London from afar. I guess it's kinda like New York for people from the North East of America. There is just sooooooo much to do that you've got no chance of getting the best bits (in my opinion) if you want to do all of the usual London tourist stuff (Buckingham Palace, Leicester Square, London Eye, Westminster etc).

It really is an amazing City. I'd hate to live there like many of my friends do; however getting in and out always makes for such a good time.

I just worry the talent gap is just so, so big right now. I don't think US golf has been in such good shape in my lifetime. Not only is the talent there, you don't have the non-team friendly egos that the Woods/Mickleson/Love III teams had, despite all of their talent.

Right now, the US has players like Xander and Morikawa in the bottom half of their qualified team rankings - Europe has Otaegui and Hojgaard. Massive gap.

Yeah the US team youth movement has changed the dynamic there.  But unlike last cup being in Europe and hopefully better team pairing will help keep it close.   For US to have dominated the team days was brutal.  If EU has a 10-6 or 9-7 team edge going into the final day you can survive the bottom 3-4 guys being at a multi-tier talent gap.   If the US is leading its virtually impossible. 

Just some useless info. The other day on the news they were talking about our $40 trillion national debt. It's really only a number that should be involved in astrophysics, not an economy. Anyway, to put it into perspective I did a little math and here's the result. If you take $40 trillion in $100 dollar bills and make a chain from them, end to end it would be long enough to go to the moon and back.................................................... 79 times. 

That's a long f***ing chain.

On 1/26/2023 at 10:27 PM, germ-x said:

I am actually surprised Hackett got an OC job that quickly.  

Jets man. It's so funny to see their fans on here try to say that he was actually a good coach but that we were the real problem haha. The copeium is real