Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

33 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

what he say lmao?

He aired a ton of his private life troubles online.   As a public confession.  

Twitter / social media is a great outlet to get info.    But it’s a terrible format for that type of communication.   It’s going about as well as expected.   

• 2 weeks later...

I have been less interested in this draft than I have of any in my lifetime. 

But Carolina taking an undersized QB (Young is shorter than Melissa Stark and I’ve met Melissa Stark, she’s MY height) after trading up is an example of why bad teams stay bad teams.

And then Houston repeats the mistake with an Ohio St QB. Another example of why bad teams stay bad teams. 

13 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I have been less interested in this draft than I have of any in my lifetime. 

But Carolina taking an undersized QB (Young is shorter than Melissa Stark and I’ve met Melissa Stark, she’s MY height) after trading up is an example of why bad teams stay bad teams.

And then Houston repeats the mistake with an Ohio St QB. Another example of why bad teams stay bad teams. 

Agreed. This is not a year to need a QB. Young is a really good QB but his height will limit him. Hooker is probably my number 2 and he’s 25 and coming off of a major knee injury. Levis is Jay Cutler with a better attitude. Richardson falls somewhere between Trey Lance and Paxton Lynch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Agreed. This is not a year to need a QB. Young is a really good QB but his height will limit him. Hooker is probably my number 2 and he’s 25 and coming off of a major knee injury. Levis is Jay Cutler with a better attitude. Richardson falls somewhere between Trey Lance and Paxton Lynch.

If Levis goes to a patient team with a real coaching staff, he could be the next Josh Allen. Could be. 

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

What is Young’s ceiling though? A healthy Tua? Seems like a good kid and from as pro-like a program as you’re going to find but, boy, what’s the ceiling? A slower version of Kyler Murray? Maybe Russ in his prime? 

I haven't watched him. Can he win from the pocket? If not he's a wasted pick. 

9 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Richardson falls somewhere between Trey Lance and Paxton Lynch.

Doesn't sound like a good place to fall. He may be closer to Paxton Lynch (or Jake Locker. I heard he has no accuracy). Didn't like this pick by the Colts. 

On 4/27/2023 at 8:55 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

If Levis goes to a patient team with a real coaching staff, he could be the next Josh Allen. Could be. 

He could also be Jake Locker. There's not a lot that I've seen to suggest Levis will be good, if I'm being honest.