Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

On 5/1/2023 at 1:37 PM, Broncofan said:

Man I can't imagine what Shaq Barrett is going through.   Literally hard to imagine anything worse than that. 

Less than 20 minutes after I read about it, my dad texted me and said, ‘can I buy a pool for your kids this summer?’ 

****in no thanks, dad

7 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Less than 20 minutes after I read about it, my dad texted me and said, ‘can I buy a pool for your kids this summer?’ 

****in no thanks, dad

As someone who didn’t learn to swim until I was in uni - it was my top priority to get my kids to learn asap.   And until they are that good on their own yeah you literally have to have eyes in the back of your head 24/7 when there’s a pool.    

It’s a low prob event but cataclysmic.   I honestly don’t know how Barrett bounces back.   I’d be crushed.     My heart goes out to them.  It’s literally unimaginable pain.  

Edited by Broncofan

10 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Fun fact of the day, within the span of 4 years the chargers drafted 2 Super Bowl winning/likely HOF QBs and won a combined 0 playoff games with them.

Good memory! I'd forgotten about the ELI for Rivers swap.

• 2 weeks later...

If Heat finish the Celtics, either Joker / Murray get to complete the quest, or Jimmy Butler does.   Obv I'll root for the Nuggets out of loyalty to Denver fans, but can't be upset at either ending.    Both Butler & Jokic are very deserving.

Imagine PHI/CHI if either team stuck with Butler (Lavine's been good, but obv not great, and as for Philly...yeesh).

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

If Heat finish the Celtics, either Joker / Murray get to complete the quest, or Jimmy Butler does.   Obv I'll root for the Nuggets out of loyalty to Denver fans, but can't be upset at either ending.    Both Butler & Jokic are very deserving.

Imagine PHI/CHI if either team stuck with Butler (Lavine's been good, but obv not great, and as for Philly...yeesh).

The Wolves picked KAT over Jimmy. 

9 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

The Wolves picked KAT over Jimmy. 

Jimmy apparently told the Wolves FO he’d never sign an extension.    Don’t recall if he said the same in Chicago but it’s why I left MIN out.   Either way though the path not taken…..

I do think there is a bit of revisionist history when it comes to Jimmy Butler. He's definitely matured (even with the occasional reversion back to the old Jimmy), and many have seemed to forgotten about how difficult he was to manage in his younger years.

• Like 1