Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

13 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Fair point. And I could be wrong but I think the league allowed them out of some of Gruden’s contract. 

They reached a settlement on the 40M that was left owed in 2021.   Obv no one knows how much.  But @broncos_fan _from _uk is likely right that Davis lost a good chunk of his liquidity there.   Add in the 4-year deal that Davis gave McD, it seems like he's going to survive 2023 at the very least. 

Davis' level of cash-poor status as an owner is crazy.   He owns the Raiders and the Aces....and that's it as far as his business assets.    TBH if it was anyone but the Raiders I'd feel sorry for the fanbase.... but sympathies only extend so far lol.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

The advertisements on this website are starting to get really f***ing obnoxious. I get you gotta have some revenue to run the site. But I don't need to see ads plastered in the middle of the screen between every 3rd comment on a thread. It looks tacky, like some El Salvadorian scam website.

• Like 1

Hot damn did I stir up a hornets nest over in the Raiders forum by simply pointing out that controversy seems to follow NE assistants everywhere they go. I mean, I get they want the best for their team, but you have to be blind as a football fan to see that it hasn’t been anything less than an absolute ****show everywhere going on 20 years now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Hot damn did I stir up a hornets nest over in the Raiders forum by simply pointing out that controversy seems to follow NE assistants everywhere they go. I mean, I get they want the best for their team, but you have to be blind as a football fan to see that it hasn’t been anything less than an absolute ****show everywhere going on 20 years now. 

Stockholm syndrome setting in. They are a disaster.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

12 years ago this forum was explosive thanks to the NE approach lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

What a great way to start the season.

They'll figure it out, but it shows how much not having Chris Jones and Travis Kelce means to that team.   Obv Mahomes is the heart, but DET's ability to run the ball, and the Chief's inability to get separation or hold on to the ball, was stark.

Lots of teams bounce back after a Week 1 loss, so it's not even close to panic time, but it shows how thin the margins are in today's NFL.  

I will say 3 things the Chiefs have to be worried about that are beyond Week 1 jitters/rust:

1.  No WR was able to consistently separate.   Even with Kelce back, D's should just bracket Kelce even more than they do now, and dare the WR's to beat them.   

2.  The OL actually got away with leaving early a lot tonight - the refs are going to get a memo from the league office to enforce that for 60 mins.    

3.   Finally, the "cutesy" play-calling from Matt Nagy (who Reid has apparently ceded play-calling to - OMG that's a brutally bad decision) on 3rd and 1 with that Rice jet sweep, and then the Toney short-side field jet sweep....was ABYSMAL.    Because it's only week 1 and Kelce was hurt, it will get dismissed, but leaving Nagy as a play-caller instead of Andy Reid could be the difference again this year.   I won't complain, but it's wild after watching Nagy fail in CHI so badly, that Reid thought Nagy should take that over.     

My dudes. What a crazy turn. There is a bit of negativity brewing within KC in regards to Jones listening to the broadcast. This is not something we've even seen smoke of in their ascension to dominance. I agree that they will likely be fine but there's an early weakness in their armor which is relevant to us cause we face em early. 

I truly thought Detroit was going to have a hangover cause of the way they managed preseason. Honestly impressed with their grittiness. I've followed them since Hockinson and this is the first time I've felt like they've truly had an identity going into the season. I would love to see something similar with us especially having the determination to stick with the game plan even when down and not looking good. 

Edited by Dbrog24

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

They'll figure it out, but it shows how much not having Chris Jones and Travis Kelce means to that team.     

Not to mention the loss of Eric Bieniemy. He may not have designed that playbook, but he was damn sure the one running it.