Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Wow memory lane! I joined January 2005. I had just moved to England and was having trouble getting my draft fix (I fell in love with the draft in 1994. I was home sick on a Monday and caught the last day of the draft on ESPN. I thought it was so cool. I've followed it ever since). I googled mock draft and FF was the first link. Stumbled upon the forums and some guy named Chris was making asinine statements and I felt the need to argue. The rest is history!

9 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Wow memory lane! I joined January 2005. I had just moved to England and was having trouble getting my draft fix (I fell in love with the draft in 1994. I was home sick on a Monday and caught the last day of the draft on ESPN. I thought it was so cool. I've followed it ever since). I googled mock draft and FF was the first link. Stumbled upon the forums and some guy named Chris was making asinine statements and I felt the need to argue. The rest is history!

I remember Chris and Kevin!  Wow a long time ago haha.

I got excited leading up to the 2006 draft because Denver was rumored to be after a QB and I'll be honest 16 year old me wanted Vince Young.  Got really into mock drafts and it led me to this site and 12 years later here I am procrastinating at work

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

I got excited leading up to the 2006 draft because Denver was rumored to be after a QB and I'll be honest 16 year old me wanted Vince Young.  Got really into mock drafts and it led me to this site and 12 years later here I am procrastinating at work

Vince Young went 31-19 as a starter. Another case of Jeff Fisher being the worst. 

But that was back in the day when you could just use your name as a forum name lmao 

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

Whatever happened to Kevin?  Didn't he just get fed up with everyone and left?  I actually always liked him and thought you usually had pretty good insight and agreed on a lot of things.

Edited by 3Amigos_FOREVER

2 minutes ago, 3Amigos_FOREVER said:

Whatever happened to Kevin?  Didn't he just fed up with everyone and left?  I actually always liked him and thought you usually had pretty good insight and agreed on a lot of things.

We lost good men in the McDaniels era. Some damn fine men. He tore the franchise and the forum apart. smh

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3Amigos_FOREVER said:

Whatever happened to Kevin?  Didn't he just get fed up with everyone and left?  I actually always liked him and thought you usually had pretty good insight and agreed on a lot of things.

Kevin got banned. He and I are friends on FB and communicate pretty regularly. Great guy that Kevin. Thing is had no filter here and after a quite a few warnings Webby had enough and showed him the door. It’s happened to all of us, I’ve been suspends a haldful of the last 13 years. 

But Deuce is right about the Mac era tearing things apart, a few of his apologists were eventually proven wrong and did not return. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

On 4/26/2018 at 4:00 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Kevin got banned. He and I are friends on FB and communicate pretty regularly. Great guy that Kevin. Thing is had no filter here and after a quite a few warnings Webby had enough and showed him the door. It’s happened to all of us, I’ve been suspends a haldful of the last 13 years. 

But Deuce is right about the Mac era tearing things apart, a few of his apologists were eventually proven wrong and did not return. 

Haha, I wasn’t there for the days earlier than McDaniels, but don’t think for a second some of these guys didn’t create new accounts and are still posting.  Back in my youth I had a couple usernames band and created new ones, haha.  Then I figured out how to not be be a tool and be reasonable, so much better conversation when you can accept others opinions.

Antisuperstar was an arrogant as hell poster and he was after the McDaniels era, but he knew his stuff, hasn’t been around for awhile though.

AClockWorkOrange was a damn good poster as well and during the McDaniels reign, but left shortly after McDaniels.  He was damn good too.  Regardless of whether you liked or disliked McDaniels, he knew football as well as anyone currently posting in this forum.  Antisuperstar was the same way.

• Like 3

On April 26, 2018 at 2:48 PM, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Yeah crazy evare adults now. I remember coming into the forum to remain sober through my work day. Now I am not a drunk and have to speak with reason....ok....some reason

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Haha, I wasn’t there for the days earlier than McDaniels, but don’t think for a second some of these guys didn’t create new accounts and are still posting.  Back in my youth I had a couple usernames band and created new ones, haha.  Then I figured out how to not be be a tool and be reasonable, so much better conversation when you can accept others opinions.

Antisuperstar was an arrogant as hell poster and he was after the McDaniels era, but he knew his stuff, hasn’t been around for awhile though.

AClockWorkOrange was a damn good poster as well and during the McDaniels reign, but left shortly after McDaniels.  He was damn good too.  Regardless of whether you liked or disliked McDaniels, he knew football as well as anyone currently posting in this forum.  Antisuperstar was the same way.

Dont' forget jonnyj20.  A perfect insider for Ute football and knowledgeable fan.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 8:29 AM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Hard to think about it but this will be my 12th draft here! My first was 2006, my senior year of college, when we took Cutler. Wow time flies. 

I might not post much but I joined Christmas Eve 2006. Can’t believe it’s been that long... B|

Edited by Zukhyubern
  • Like 1