Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

22 hours ago, broncosfan07 said:

How you gonna forget Omar the GOAT?

What about the guy who absolutely LOVED CJ Anderson in 2013 when he was the 4th RB on the depth chart and inactive every week? Yet was nowhere to be seen when Anderson actually became decent 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, champ11 said:

tough call. born in 92 so I remember the Super Bowls, but really got into it Jake Plummer's first year. I'd probably go Elway, TD, Sharpe, Miller. Tough to leave Champ off though. 

Dude.   Your username isn’t Shannon84.  

Elway TD Champ Von FTW.  

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Dude.   Your username isn’t Shannon84.  

Elway TD Champ Von FTW.  

haha, it's a tough call. Shanahan (I'm not a fan, tbh) wasted Champ's greatness. None of those defenses were great because the talent around Champ sucked. Both Champ and Shannon are top 5 at their position all time. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

haha, it's a tough call. Shanahan (I'm not a fan, tbh) wasted Champ's greatness. None of those defenses were great because the talent around Champ sucked. Both Champ and Shannon are top 5 at their position all time. 

I dont think shannon is.

Tony G

Gates 

Gronk

Kellen Winslow the first

Ok maybe he is

8 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I get it.  Just thought it was funny to have you not put him on.    They are both HoF guys but I think Champ gets in on 1st try.

I agree Champ belongs in the top 5.   I’d put Tony G, Kellen Winslow, Mike Ditka, Gronk & Gates ahead.   The first 4 redefined the position and expectations while Gates longevity gives him the nod.   Can’t knock Shannon as a top 4 choice  for us just like to cover different eras lol. 

Edited by Broncofan

42 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

What about the guy who absolutely LOVED CJ Anderson in 2013 when he was the 4th RB on the depth chart and inactive every week? Yet was nowhere to be seen when Anderson actually became decent 

I don’t remember that one.  I do remember AntiSuperstar calling Chris Harris from like the moment we signed him as a UDFA.  I think he also called Davonta Freeman pre draft and said numerous times he’d be one of the best backs in the NFL.

I hated dealing with him because he was always an a-hole even if you agreed, but he knew football.

Whatever happened to JerseysFinest?  He was pretty good as well.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

I don’t remember that one.  I do remember AntiSuperstar calling Chris Harris from like the moment we signed him as a UDFA.  I think he also called Davonta Freeman pre draft and said numerous times he’d be one of the best backs in the NFL.

I hated dealing with him because he was always an a-hole even if you agreed, but he knew football.

Jerseysfinest was great. I wonder big palookas thoughtson the draft 

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

JF also still active on twitter. Just remembered toasted oats 

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I get it.  Just thought it was funny to have you not put him on.    They are both HoF guys but I think Champ gets in on 1st try.

I agree Champ belongs in the top 5.   I’d put Tony G, Kellen Winslow, Mike Ditka, Gronk & Gates ahead.   The first 4 redefined the position and expectations while Gates longevity gives him the nod.   Can’t knock Shannon as a top 4 choice  for us just like to cover different eras lol. 

You can't forget Dave Casper. He was the one that established TE's as a huge weapon.

7 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

You can't forget Dave Casper. He was the one that established TE's as a huge weapon.

Yeah great call there....I just try to block out that era of the Raiders, man they were a pain in our ***.   Of course, that's nothing compared to what the Chargers felt...Holy Roller FTW lol.

To be fair, I somehow forgot Ozzie Newsome too.  John Mackie was before my time, but he was another evolution in that era, too.

Edited by Broncofan