Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The lady and I said we would keep the news quiet, only telling close family and friends, but I'm on Cloud 9 so I'm telling you guys - we found out on July 4 that we're going to be parents!!!!!! 

Little Olivia or little Hayden will be here in early March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven’t checked in on FF for quite awhile and come back to find you all having babies. Congrats to all of you. 

On 7/17/2018 at 6:52 PM, jsthomp2007 said:

9.3lbs???? Geeze Germ that is a big boy...does wife have a new vagina now?  Nevertheless, congrats.  

Haha no, but the kid was and nearly 3 months in is a monster.  My wife and I are 5’6” and this kid is measuring in the 90th+ percentile in every category.  Really starting to question who the real dad might be.

On a different note, was able to work the Broadmoor East Course for the US Senior Open, hell of an experience.  Was able to play it the day after with the same pin placements as championship Sunday.  The length and thickness of the rough was damn near unplayable for an average golfer.   

14 hours ago, germ-x said:

On a different note, was able to work the Broadmoor East Course for the US Senior Open, hell of an experience.  Was able to play it the day after with the same pin placements as championship Sunday.  The length and thickness of the rough was damn near unplayable for an average golfer.   

I haven't played the Broadmoor yet. It's on my list. What were your overall impressions?

I did get a chance to play the new TPC Colorado in Berthoud back in May, that course is a bear!. 

6 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I haven't played the Broadmoor yet. It's on my list. What were your overall impressions?

I did get a chance to play the new TPC Colorado in Berthoud back in May, that course is a bear!. 

I actually have worked on the east course for the past 4 years and am able to play it multiple times a year.

Overall, the course is short.  Other than holes 10, 13, and 15 (all par 4s) it doesn’t present a major challenge off the tees in terms of distance.  All 3 par 5s can be reachable in 2 off the tee with a 250-260 yard tee shot if placed right (which is why for the senior open 2 of the par 5s were turned into par 4s).  On a normal non senior open day the roughs are playable as well.  Obviously still difficult, but playable with a good likelihood that you have a decent lie.  The bunkers have large grass faces, in many green sides being in the bunker makes it a blind shot because of how deep they are.  The calling card of the course though is the greens.  They’re fast and there isn’t a flat spot on any of them,  many false fronts, and then the mountains play tricks because what you see looks like it should break a certain way, but everything breaks and/or stays straight because of the mountains.  A put that looks up hill is actually down.  The greens make the course incredibly difficult (David Toms, who won the tournament did so with a -3).  Jack Nicklaus is quoted as saying Broadmoor Easts greens are as tough or tougher than Augusta’s.  If that course had more length from tee to green it would be hosting US Opens not Senior Opens.

On 7/25/2018 at 11:47 AM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Can't wait to get up to TPC Colorado! On that side of the Front Range Highland Meadows and Pelican Lakes are my two favorites.

If you like long, Antler Creek in Falcon will play 8100+ from the tips, and holes 9-12 are by far the most challenging in the state. Haven't played down at the Broadmoor yet, but will be there in October for my birthday. Blessed to have some of the best and most inexpensive golf in the country in CO. 

On 7/17/2018 at 12:16 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

The lady and I said we would keep the news quiet, only telling close family and friends, but I'm on Cloud 9 so I'm telling you guys - we found out on July 4 that we're going to be parents!!!!!! 

Little Olivia or little Hayden will be here in early March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Dan!

• 4 weeks later...

Eric Decker's just announced his retirement from the NFL.

Pretty darn good receiver for us. Did well with Tebow as the QB and certainly contributed to Peyton's success here. Deserves a mention and credit for his time at Mile High and all the best to him. 

• Like 1