Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

12 hours ago, AKRNA said:

Nice to see Barrett putting up the numbers for TB. 3 sacks, 3 TFL and 4 QB hits just today. The NFL sack leader after two weeks.

He keeps that up and he'll sign a monster deal after the season.

What was the reasoning for us not bringing him back? I guess it seemed like it was mutual since he would have been a reserve. Good for Shaq

17 minutes ago, champ11 said:

What was the reasoning for us not bringing him back? I guess it seemed like it was mutual since he would have been a reserve. Good for Shaq

Probably couldn't afford even the $3 mil per year is a part of it. Also he deserved a starting gig and wouldn't get it here. He's only on a one year contract with TB. 

Thats a great starting front 7 TB's put together. Barrett should feast.

53 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Why wouldn’t we? Tank baby.

We only just traded for him, and frankly, through two games he's looked better than any QB we've had since Manning retired. Furthermore, our rookie Drew Lock is out until midseason.

If we were winless and Lock's healthy at the trade deadline then I understand it, but this team isn't tanking and has no feasible alternative to Flacco at the moment. He's not going to be traded.

18 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

We only just traded for him, and frankly, through two games he's looked better than any QB we've had since Manning retired. Furthermore, our rookie Drew Lock is out until midseason.

If we were winless and Lock's healthy at the trade deadline then I understand it, but this team isn't tanking and has no feasible alternative to Flacco at the moment. He's not going to be traded.

Steelers is a lot more interesting of a convo.  If Mason Rudolph doesn't deliver in the next few weeks. 

We may just get that 2020 second  round draft pick everyone coveted around draft time.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

Steelers is a lot more interesting of a convo.  If Mason Rudolph doesn't deliver in the next few weeks. 

We may just get that 2020 second  round draft pick everyone coveted around draft time.

At 0-2 if Mason Rudolph doesn’t deliver in the next few weeks then the Steeelers are done.   Picture them like us in 2020 if we lost Flacco - we’d ride or die with Lock.  We wouldn’t pay for a stopgap vet.  

Edited by Broncofan

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

He wanted to start and get paid either on a multi year deal or have a big year and get paid next offseason.  

TAM offered him the chance to start.  We never had a chance.  I can’t fault the FO here. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

We only paid a 4th for him, there’s no way we’re getting a 2nd from anyone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

We only paid a 4th for him, there’s no way we’re getting a 2nd from anyone.

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

At 0-2 if Mason Rudolph doesn’t deliver in the next few weeks then the Steeelers are done.   Picture them like us in 2020 if we lost Flacco - we’d ride or die with Lock.  We wouldn’t pay for a stopgap vet.  

Totally understand that I was being a little sarcastic.  Realistically, a gm and head coach have to be both on the hottest of seats to warrant any type of over pay. Carolina, Houston with minimal or extremely raw backup support. 

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

I’d rather lose every game till we get lock back then win one or two with Flacco. Maybe get a top 5 pick? That would be well worth it. But you’re right, our FO will hold on to Flacco thinking we’ll win games. 

• Like 1