Preseason gm. 3 GDT Final Dress: The Debut of Zeke vs. Josh Rosen

DaBoys

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not saying we are a contender. But Philly last year was not considered a contender pre-season either. If a team can catch fire anything can happen.

Philly winning was a fix. A bunch of FAs and a QB who couldn't win a starting job on 3 other teams, including Philly, goes on a sudden hot streak and beats the GOAT???

Yeah right.

And the Russians helped Trump win????

P.S. don't waste a draft pick on ET. We ain't winning ish, and he isn't thee answer.

Just sit back, stock up on beer and snacks and watch the spectacle that is the modern NFL. What a joke!

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

Philly winning was a fix. A bunch of FAs and a QB who couldn't win a starting job on 3 other teams, including Philly, goes on a sudden hot streak and beats the GOAT???

Yeah right.

And the Russians helped Trump win????

P.S. don't waste a draft pick on ET. We ain't winning ish, and he isn't thee answer.

Just sit back, stock up on beer and snacks and watch the spectacle that is the modern NFL. What a joke!

What.

10 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

It's funny but I don't think a 2nd round pick for E.T. is worth the gamble. I would be all for it if Romo was still here, but this offense has too many questions. Dak's arm talent, backup QB, suspect TEs/WRs. The best defenses will break if they stay on the field too long, and I agree with your stance. If the team starts off 0-3, it would be great to have that 2nd and 3rd rounder.   

Eric Reid would be a quality safety here also on a 1 year, cheap deal.

Reid is not coming here. As much as we might want it the front office basically already made that situation dead.

As far as E.T. Why not throw a 2nd rounder at him. Remember this team went 13-3 with Dak as a rookie. 

The defense is 10 times better 

The position coaches are better 

Dak is a game manager, and he excells at it. This will allow us to control the clock to give defense rest.

IMO our WR all around will be better than the 2016 team because they will decoy defenses by playing many roles. Dez at this point was on his decline and was injured for about 4 games.

The young players in 2016 are older, and based on last year they have been through the fire of becoming mature.

E.T. is still the best saftey in the NFL he would help put this defense over the top. Added that he already knows our secondaries scheme.

I don't see why not throw a 2nd rd pick for him.

What will we use it on next year another TE that won't fit our system?

"...with the first-team defense playing one quarter and one possession, the Cowboys held the Cardinals to 37 yards in four possessions – 24 rushing and 13 passing. Now then, if you add those totals to the previous two-game totals, encompassing three quarters, you have four quarters of football, along with one possession, and the Cowboys have given up no points and just 156 total yards – 62 rushing and 94 passing."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/spagnola-no-kidding-there-really-was-some-good-news

1. Is it me or does it appear Dallas is really top heavy again? 
2. Would be nice to find a vet QB. Rush and definitely not White are ready for anything should Dak go down. .
3. Byron Jones should have been at CB since day one. 
4. Zeke, Smith and Jackson are still my 3 RBs. Not terribly impressed with BoScar.
5. Not a big fan or convinced yet, but Rico is the best option at TE by a mile. 
6. Should RG steer clear of the cabbage, he and DLaw are going to be fun to watch. 

last but not least... this defense has the makings of something pretty special, adding a talent like ET puts them over the top. Doubt it happens, but it really should. 

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

2. Would be nice to find a vet QB. Rush and definitely not White are ready for anything should Dak go down. .
4. Zeke, Smith and Jackson are still my 3 RBs. Not terribly impressed with BoScar.
6. Should RG steer clear of the cabbage, he and DLaw are going to be fun to watch. 

last but not least... this defense has the makings of something pretty special, adding a talent like ET puts them over the top. Doubt it happens, but it really should. 

We've always been top heavy.  Quality depth is a big challenge.

Need a veteran QB.  If Dak goes down we are picking high in 2019.

Agree re Jones.

Bo knows he needs to lower the shoulder.  Could special teams get him a roster spot?

TE will be a challenge all year.  A good TE is a great security blanket for the QB.  Consistency out of our entire receiving group will make or break us.

Gregory looks good.  Real good.  He and Dlaw will spell trouble for offenses. When Irving comes back this DL will be a real handful.

I don't doubt what ET would do for this defense and team.  His contract demands are my concern.  Big cap hit.

58 minutes ago, Northland said:

I don't doubt what ET would do for this defense and team.  His contract demands are my concern.  Big cap hit.

The cap hit is definitely a concern, but the money is there. I figure Dallas has 3/4 of his salary paid for next yr with cuts to Crawford and TWill. Which has a solid chance of happening with or without him in Dallas. They can make it work if they want to. I'm pretty sure the biggest hurdle is Seattle's compensation desires. 

I have no good read on what the Jones have in mind ET would help maybe but management had never seemed to panic in regard to injuries and while they said over over Brown is not going to safety they just might try hitting it out with Jones Awuzi Lewis Brown Heath playing the majority I snaps until Woods Frazier return week three or so     We are playing Panthers Giants  teams not really known for throwing the ball well down field more run based teams power games.  So not a ton of nickel or dime packages needed though it is a worry will Brown Lewis hold up In a run heavy power game and I must admit I am unsure of how good both those teams TE are and how much they are used down field in the passing game

22 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

1) Yeah, but I kind of think that this is the NFL. And we have some pretty decent depth in some areas. LB, RB, DE, CB, plus Looney and Fleming.
2) Rush and White are certainly ready to get us a good draft pick, which, in my mind, is better than a vet leading us to 7-9.
3) Yup. So pumped for Byron and Chidobe. Best CB duo for us since at least '09.
4) I'd agree
5) Yeah, too bad he's getting cut...
6) Yup! How good RG looks already is unreal. Dude could make the Pro Bowl if he doesn't get suspended.
LBNL) ET would be such a difference maker for this defense. I really hope this happens, but I'm not antsy. Earl could fly into Dallas today and start tomorrow in this defense.

Archived