Its pretty obvious that Myles Garrett is winning DPOY in 2018

VanS

How many sacks for Myles Garrett in 2018?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How many sacks for Myles Garrett in 2018?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2018 at 04:59 AM

On 9/25/2018 at 12:41 AM, Marc MacGyver said:

Off topic a little - BUT, the battle for DPOTY, & the rushing title race are must watch TV this year. The league is absolutely stacked right now at RB & on the DL. 

The way the RB position has fallen from the limelight, you can almost see some random guy with 950 yards winning the NFL rushing title. 

29 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Anyone else see Mack slowing down? 

He could only do this for so long lol. 

I saw him slow down on the one TD vs GB, everyone else seems to miss that and go on about his positive plays. 

My  pick for DPOY would be Miller, he is consistent and makes plays when needed.  Garrett has potential @Kiwibrown it could allow more chances to get the stats  if the Browns have leads and Garrett can rush more - good point because that idea for the Browns never occurred until Baker  took the field. Garrett has the skillset  so it might just be that he needs more opportunities and I can see this as I expect the Browns to win about 8 games maybe more as long as Mayfield is healthy and starting. There is always the Hue factor to consider, and if he goes back to taylor as Qb then forget it.

This year I think that dpoy is won by one of the edge rushers. 

I dont think any of the top lbs are doing amazing and Mack has been dominant and Garrett has as well to a lesser extent. Both of them are in the spotlight which helps their case. I think the browns should win more games as I rate Baker a head of trub.

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Anyone else see Mack slowing down? 

He could only do this for so long lol. 

No. The opposite, actually. 

Mack is at his best late in the season. I can guarantee you he will be more  dominant in November-December. He usually gets off to slow starts. But with the overall talent of the Bears D, he is freed up to make plays even though he isn't in great shape yet. 

9 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Khalil Mack is the best defensive player in the league. It's his time right now 

That may be true but it should in no way diminish Garrett's breakout year which could end up with 15 sacks and several FFs. And as far as the debate between MG and Mack, I really couldn't care less, I'm just enjoying seeing him play to his potential (or at least close to it). Also, its a marathon, not a sprint, a lot can happen between week 4 and week 17

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I saw him slow down on the one TD vs GB, everyone else seems to miss that and go on about his positive plays. 

My  pick for DPOY would be Miller, he is consistent and makes plays when needed.  Garrett has potential @Kiwibrown it could allow more chances to get the stats  if the Browns have leads and Garrett can rush more - good point because that idea for the Browns never occurred until Baker  took the field. Garrett has the skillset  so it might just be that he needs more opportunities and I can see this as I expect the Browns to win about 8 games maybe more as long as Mayfield is healthy and starting. There is always the Hue factor to consider, and if he goes back to taylor as Qb then forget it.

Ok the guy was clearly gassed.  4th quarter in the first game of the season after missing all of camp with Bears and OTA's with the Raiders.

The fact that Mack has done what he has through 3 games with his new team after being traded just the week before the regular season is quite astonishing even for a player of his caliber.

He's just getting warmed up.

13 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ok the guy was clearly gassed.  4th quarter in the first game of the season after missing all of camp with Bears and OTA's with the Raiders.

The fact that Mack has done what he has through 3 games with his new team after being traded just the week before the regular season is quite astonishing even for a player of his caliber.

He's just getting warmed up.

not gassed because he decided to speed up at the end but it was too late . He was jogging, a common trait in defenders today. When teammant is close and should make the tackle, let them do it is what happens more and more.  If you watch the play, you'll notice how he sped up at the end. 

Do you think that is bad?  I saw a TD scored on the steelers and I counted 3 times that dupree could have caught up to the RB , 3 times in one play xD 

1 minute ago, 3rivers said:

not gassed because he decided to speed up at the end but it was too late . He was jogging, a common trait in defenders today. When teammant is close and should make the tackle, let them do it is what happens more and more.  If you watch the play, you'll notice how he sped up at the end. 

Do you think that is bad?  I saw a TD scored on the steelers and I counted 3 times that dupree could have caught up to the RB , 3 times in one play xD 

Ok bud, I'm not going to get into an argument on whether Mack, a 250 lb was trying or not to catch up to Cobb, a 190 lb receiver with 4.4 speed when he had a 15 yard head start.  You cannot tell me that after watching Mack play extensively that he doesn't try.  If you do then you're just a hater.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Ok bud, I'm not going to get into an argument on whether Mack, a 250 lb was trying or not to catch up to Cobb, a 190 lb receiver with 4.4 speed when he had a 15 yard head start.  You cannot tell me that after watching Mack play extensively that he doesn't try.  If you do then you're just a hater.

The fact that Mack was even down there trying to catch Cobb is impressive, considering he didnt have a training camp and basically showed up a week before. 

Archived