Its pretty obvious that Myles Garrett is winning DPOY in 2018

VanS

How many sacks for Myles Garrett in 2018?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How many sacks for Myles Garrett in 2018?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2018 at 04:59 AM

he could have a very good season, but will he stay healthy and focused ? I expect DC williams to make the most of this and if the browns can keep offences from running out the clock with a major lead, he will have chances.   He plays a bit like aldon smith,  and if he behaves like him then O.o

I don't know about DPOY but there's no question he has a shot at it.  Very talented young guy that is injury-free this year and should have decent help along the DL.  I'd guess he'll get 11 or so sacks this year and come up a little short in DPOY award, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did win it.

18 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Oof. Thought he won the year they went 2-14. 

Well, there’s Jason Taylor with the 6-10 Dolphins.

Cortez Kennedy won a DPOY on a 2-14 Seattle team. Granted, just about all of you weren't born when this happened...this was back when Seattle was an AFC team (probably something else that was a thing when none of you were alive).

lol at some people scoffing at the potential of the #1 overall pick in the draft possibly winning DPOY.

Personally I dont think he will because the Browns overall record wont warrant it, but he is going to get 11-14 sacks. Given that there will be a large handful of players with 11-14 sacks this year, its going to come down to team record/impact and the amount of big time plays in big time games. The Browns wont play in enough bright light situations for him to have the chance to make the big plays on a national stage to get the recognition even if he does provide the same impact as Miller/Mack/Watt/Griffen/Jones

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol at some people scoffing at the potential of the #1 overall pick in the draft possibly winning DPOY.

Personally I dont think he will because the Browns overall record wont warrant it, but he is going to get 11-14 sacks. Given that there will be a large handful of players with 11-14 sacks this year, its going to come down to team record/impact and the amount of big time plays in big time games. The Browns wont play in enough bright light situations for him to have the chance to make the big plays on a national stage to get the recognition even if he does provide the same impact as Miller/Mack/Watt/Griffen/Jones

Yeah everyone has the potential to win it but we have 2 former DPOY's who are in their prime and are about twice the player Garrett is right now. Along with like 4 other top 5 edge rushers who have a much better shot on name recognition alone. 

1 minute ago, SwoleXmad said:

Yeah everyone has the potential to win it but we have 2 former DPOY's who are in their prime and are about twice the player Garrett is right now. Along with like 4 other top 5 edge rushers who have a much better shot on name recognition alone. 

Because I'm a nitpicker, we have four if you don't think Watt is out of his prime (Donald, Mack, Watt, and Kuechly). But I totally agree with your post.

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Because I'm a nitpicker, we have four if you don't think Watt is out of his prime (Donald, Mack, Watt, and Kuechly). But I totally agree with your post.

Watt still has that potential IMO. I totally blanked on Kuechley winning the DPOY...doubt he wins anothsr one. 

Also somehow forgot Donald is the reigning DPOY.

35 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It’s not that. You just need some form of track record to come out. We know Myles holds nasty potential. But he’s just as likely to get 16 sacks as he is to get 8. He’s a huge unknown. 

Archived