Hayden Hurst Out 3-4 Weeks

baltimoreRebel

Feel free to post this in another thread if this doesn't warrant its own. Wasn't sure where to put it. 

I've had this injury before and it sucks. He will probably be dealing with it all year. Very annoying thing to deal with. I didn't feel right for about 9 months. I'm also not a professional athlete so who knows. 

I'd like to see us keep him out until he's 100% ready. 

idk anytime you have screws inserted in your foot, its going to take a long time to adjust to it. Im preparing for minimal contributions from Hurst this season. That makes 2 first round picks that will be on the bench this year... Thanks ozzie

Sucks. Despite him never taking a regular season snap, this already makes us a weaker team for the first month. Given the backups, this is almost as big as Jimmy's suspension. And of course we have the road Bengals and Steelers games in the first month. 

Going to have to hope to steal one and come out 3-1, and hope he gets right for later in the season. 

This is good. Hurst’s strengths are his crazy hands. So when he comes back regardless of playing speed, he should be able to make some legit contested grabs.

This now gives us an opportunity to see what we have in Mark Andrews as a rookie. He wasn’t going to get any shine with Hurst there and it would’ve limited his development with all the other TEs. Now he has 2 weeks to see plenty of game action before the season, plus we have other TEs with significant experience. Sucks for Hurst’s chances to prove statistically that he was a better pick than other options (though he wasn’t), but I’m not too worried about him.

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

This is good. Hurst’s strengths are his crazy hands. So when he comes back regardless of playing speed, he should be able to make some legit contested grabs.

This now gives us an opportunity to see what we have in Mark Andrews as a rookie. He wasn’t going to get any shine with Hurst there and it would’ve limited his development with all the other TEs. Now he has 2 weeks to see plenty of game action before the season, plus we have other TEs with significant experience. Sucks for Hurst’s chances to prove statistically that he was a better pick than other options (though he wasn’t), but I’m not too worried about him.

Andrews isn't healthy either. He didn't look that great running routes last week.

Archived