Sign in to follow this  
smokeybandit

2019 Senior Bowl watch list released

Posted (edited)

The first couple years they made the Watch List available, it was a fairly big deal. I could be wrong, but the old lists seemed more selective. Now, it feels like anybody who has had a blurb over the past few years is listed on the Watch List.

I get they are covering all their grounds, but when just everybody is basically listed, it's really not that important of a list anymore.

Edited by Da_Ducktator

1 hour ago, Da_Ducktator said:

The first couple years they made the Watch List available, it was a fairly big deal. I could be wrong, but the old lists seemed more selective. Now, it feels like anybody who has had a blurb over the past few years is listed on the Watch List.

I get they are covering all their grounds, but when just everybody is basically listed, it's really not that important anymore of a list anymore.

Yeah it is a whatever list, some of the guys listed I was like who in the bloody hell are they?  Some I feel would never get to the senior bowl much less the NFL based on what they have shown so far in their career, a few honestly I never noticed playing while watching certain teams and never thought they were anything special at all.  But I guess it helps some if they do not know who to look for I guess.  

20 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you've started a game and you're a senior, 80% chance you're on the list

No offense, but that is just not true.  There are hundreds of seniors not on the list obviously and almost every roster has a senior this up coming year that has started a game and sometimes many and they are not on the list.  This list is broad but not that broad.

Of course it's not true.  But between this and all the award watch lists, it sure feels that way.

Thanks for posting, will be interesting to see who ends up making the sr. bowl.