Bears vs Chiefs - Preseason Week 3

Sugashane

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Brady has thrown over 40 over two weeks. Someone far better than Goff or Trubisky will ever be. I bet the organization wishes their staff wouldn’t have made such a foolish error! Oh wait, no they won't.

And you think THAT’S the reason Brady is so good? Please. And let me guess, Brady is far better than Rodgers ever will be, too? You know, he didn’t play a snap last night.

Tell me how Goff was so good last year then. He didn’t play much in your beloved preseason so I’m struggling.

By the way, don’t take Gurley in your fantasy drafts, people. He isn’t playing in the preseason!

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

And you think THAT’S the reason Brady is so good? Please.

Tell me how Goff was so good last year then. He didn’t play much in your beloved preseason so I’m struggling.

By the way, don’t take Gurley in your fantasy drafts, people. He isn’t playing in the preseason!

[REMOVED BY MOD]

I'm saying preseason isn't wasted reps. A 3 time MVP is STILL putting work in to keep getting better, why the hell wouldn't an unproven kid with only potential do the same. After McDaniels installed the system it has not changed a great deal even when he had his DEN/STL tour before coming back. Brady is entrenched and could coach the system to a team, but gets work in. The most successful franchise of this century take preseason seriously,  but you think because beat writers comment that other teams don't that it is a brilliant idea to skip it? You can be conservative in the passing game to protect the QB, keep a RB in to block, etc to protect them. The Chiefs game today is a perfect example.

Sometimes you're so dense I think you're really Bearable with a different username. lol

And Goff wasn't near as good as people are making it look, he was living off Gurley having a monster season and great scheming by McVay more than dominating at the level of Brady.

11 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

If it it says more about the Bears or the chiefs, but the Bears 2s are kicking the trap out of the chiefs 1s man for man.  I think we have some depth, guys.

OL has been damn solid in particular. I am really liking what they are doing.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

[REMOVED BY MOD]

I'm saying preseason isn't wasted reps. A 3 time MVP is STILL putting work in to keep getting better, why the hell wouldn't an unproven kid with only potential do the same. After McDaniels installed the system it has not changed a great deal even when he had his DEN/STL tour before coming back. Brady is entrenched and could coach the system to a team, but gets work in. The most successful franchise of this century take preseason seriously,  but you think because beat writers comment that other teams don't that it is a brilliant idea to skip it? You can be conservative in the passing game to protect the QB, keep a RB in to block, etc to protect them. The Chiefs game today is a perfect example.

Sometimes you're so dense I think you're really Bearable with a different username. lol

And Goff wasn't near as good as people are making it look, he was living off Gurley having a monster season and great scheming by McVay more than dominating at the level of Brady.

Do you know what dense means?

And see, that’s the issue. “Trubisky should play but they should be really conservative withh the playcalling to keep him and the rest of the guys healthy.” What would even be the point? So they all sweat a little? If they aren’t going to run their offense to the highest of capabilities, then don’t play the offense, and they aren’t. Good.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Do you know what dense means?

And see, that’s the issue. “Trubisky should play but they should be really conservative withh the playcalling to keep him and the rest of the guys healthy.” What would even be the point? So they all sweat a little? If they aren’t going to run their offense to the highest of capabilities, then don’t play the offense, and they aren’t. Good.

[REMOVED BY MOD]

. I said "you can," not that I would be really conservative. Amazing you jumped THAT far off again. Have you seen that the Bears are moving the ball really well? Not a lot of 20+ yard attempts, but nothing like the Trestman screen dependence game either. They are attacking the short and intermediate levels, spreading the defense to try and get a match up and getting rid of it quick. You don't go 5-wide with 7-step dropbacks Martz-style to let your QB get hit constantly, but you do try to execute a plan and work on timing. OL works on their calls, QB gets into a rhythm and get to get in sync with WRs and TEs, players like Whitehair get to work on snaps in game situations, etc. Trubisky had some bright spots but clearly needs a lot of experience since he was even limited in that for his college career.

Ask Brady, McDaniels and Belichick what the point of them playing their offense is in the preseason.

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I like seeing what RRH is doing vs Fisher. Got that holding called on Fisher when he was trying to spin off of him.

GREAT redzone stand.

Yup. Irving too.

The pass coverage from the 2's and 3's vs the Chiefs 1's has been phenomenal as well. I hope that carries over too. 

8 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yup. Irving too.

The pass coverage from the 2's and 3's vs the Chiefs 1's has been phenomenal as well. I hope that carries over too. 

Might be a lot more rotating players than we have seen in the previous few years. Roll with Irving/Fitts based on who is producing, etc. Been a good game all around.

WR: Wims made the team as the #5-6WR as injury insurance... but might end up a weekly inactive. Bellamy being the wildcard potential 6th as a STer

RB: Cunningham really solidified his position as Howard's backup. Mizzell just can't seem to do anything as a runner, and I think he ends up getting cut.... if we keep 4 backs it's going to come down to Burton or Nall... and I actually kind of lean towards Burton here as a FB, with Nall going to the PS.... He's had a couple of flashes, but then disappears entirely too often. I'd rather have a potential blocker than either of them (mizzell/Nall) right now..... or maybe Braunecker could take that spot and roll 5 TEs Burton/Sims/Shaheen/Brown/Braunecker.

5 hours ago, Epyon said:

WR: Wims made the team as the #5-6WR as injury insurance... but might end up a weekly inactive. Bellamy being the wildcard potential 6th as a STer

RB: Cunningham really solidified his position as Howard's backup. Mizzell just can't seem to do anything as a runner, and I think he ends up getting cut.... if we keep 4 backs it's going to come down to Burton or Nall... and I actually kind of lean towards Burton here as a FB, with Nall going to the PS.... He's had a couple of flashes, but then disappears entirely too often. I'd rather have a potential blocker than either of them (mizzell/Nall) right now..... or maybe Braunecker could take that spot and roll 5 TEs Burton/Sims/Shaheen/Brown/Braunecker.

I’ve bewn cautiously optimistic about Wims given the annual overestimation of at least one late-round or UDFA received, but the key here is Wims went up against KC’s 1s and it didn’t look too big for him. As long as he can play on a few of the ST units and isn’t a liability, he should be the WR5 or 6.

In last weeks GDT I said that I trust Cunningham if he has to take significant RB2 reps, and I think he showed that today. Better vision and more decisive of a runner compared to the other preseason RBs.

Other thoughts:

Chase Daniel showed a lot of poise. He could have been an underrated get as the QB2.

Today was Kevin White’s first touchdown in a game since December 29, 2014 (1,335 days).

Fangio showed his hand a little by dialing up a bunch of ILB blitzes. This wasn’t really unexpected, but I didn’t expect it until week 1.

2 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

I’ve bewn cautiously optimistic about Wims given the annual overestimation of at least one late-round or UDFA received, but the key here is Wims went up against KC’s 1s and it didn’t look too big for him. As long as he can play on a few of the ST units and isn’t a liability, he should be the WR5 or 6.

In last weeks GDT I said that I trust Cunningham if he has to take significant RB3 reps, and I think he showed that today. Better vision and more decisive of a runner compared to the other preseason RBs.

Other thoughts:

Chase Daniel showed a lot of poise. He could have been an underrated get as the QB2.

Today was Kevin White’s first touchdown in a game since December 29, 2014 (1,335 days).

Fangio showed his hand a little by dialing up a bunch of ILB blitzes. This wasn’t really unexpected, but I didn’t expect it until week 1.

Wims looked like he fit. Really exceeded my expectations. Of course it was one game but it was a hellof a game. I want to see him get a ton of ST snaps next week to see if he can be reliable there. 

Cunningham is a solid reserve. I like him and the level between him and Nall/Mizzel is way too considerable to ignore. He isn't great at anything but is pretty good at everything. 

Fangio surprised me too. Floyd and Acho are ok in coverage. But Fitts, Irving, Lynch, and Kwiatkoski are guys that all ATM seem to be pure downhill players. Either they are attacking the passer or ballcarrier. So I really didn't expect Fangio to do much more than his usual rush 4 deal. Looked like KC didn't expect it either. I hope he peppers in a few wrinkles in the regular season too. We lack the talent to get really consistent passrush with just 4 IMO. 

Archived