Should Blake start?

pwny

Honestly wouldnt shock me if we went to Henne if Blake cant limit the turnovers. Think with all the talent at WR and RB hr could do similar to what Orton did for Buffalo in Marrones final season to get them to 9-7?

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Havent we already proven Henne is an overpaid crappy QB too though? Seriously confused how we never addressed QB or even backup at all this year

He makes a normal higher end backup pay. That’s about who he is. 

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He was just so horrible the last time we named him the starter in Blakes rookie year. Least Blake is interesting, good and bad. 

42/78 492 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT. 

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Bortles had 26-18 Tds/turnovers and 350 rush yards. Henne doesnt turn it over but he also doesnt really move the ball. Less than 500 yards for 3 games. He is a less athletic/accurate Garrard at best. 

He only passed 7 times for 33 yards in that third game before being benched. He had 459 in the first two games.

Extropolated across 16 games, it goes to 24 TDs, 8 INTs, and 3,672 yards. Not saying he would have went to that, but those two games weren’t bad.

If Bort is going to continue to turn the ball over at an alarming rate, Henne probably can run a ball control offense much better for us. He’s clearly not the answer, but Bort might be worse, sadly.

just give me the QB that is going to be smart with the ball. 

If we can pound the rock, control the clock, play good defense and not give the ball away, we will win some games.

if Blake or whoever continues with the back breaking turnovers, we don't stand a chance.

Marrone has said if he turns the ball over, he won't be our QB.

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Bortles had 26-18 Tds/turnovers and 350 rush yards. Henne doesnt turn it over but he also doesnt really move the ball. Less than 500 yards for 3 games. He is a less athletic/accurate Garrard at best. 

Thing is, Henne would now have a solid supporting cast and a promising young defense. Much better cast then when he was last playing.

I know Bortles turns the ball over way too much I just feel like you give Blake his last shot and if he sucks we'll get his replacement. I just dont see us winning many games with Henne unless he somehow got some magic in him. At one point Blake looked to be on the up and fell flat last yr

8 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know Bortles turns the ball over way too much I just feel like you give Blake his last shot and if he sucks we'll get his replacement. I just dont see us winning many games with Henne unless he somehow got some magic in him. At one point Blake looked to be on the up and fell flat last yr

I don’t disagree that you give Bort another chance. I don’t think anyone disagrees with that. It’s more that the chance begins in practice, and isn’t automatically afforded into the regular season.

Justifiably, he’s the starter when camp opened. Justifiably, he wasn’t forced to earn his starting spot. But at what point does the chance wear off? He’s had a 5 INT practice already. He just had one with two pick sixes, and would have been a third INT if the defender wasn’t yelled at to swat it away.

It’s just practice, but at some point, he’s gotta be held accountable for those decisions. And that time might be creeping closer.

Archived