Marqise Lee injures knee UPDATE: Officially out for season

pwny

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

He's not wrong. Cant hit high, cant hit low

He's actually wrong. You CAN hit high or low, you just can't lead with your helmet which Kacee did.

The issue is more how difficult it is to now have to train these players to change something they have been doing for a lifetime

20 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

The issue is that keeping your head up is supposed to be one of the first things you learn as a defensive player.

Well yeah, but that hasn't been how these guys have played since moving up from high school to college to pros.

But the rules, as intended, is actually to prevent things like this...using the helmet as a weapon vs the offense and keeping the defenders head away from possible concussions (or neck injuries)

23 hours ago, Speedyg said:

He's actually wrong. You CAN hit high or low, you just can't lead with your helmet which Kacee did.

The issue is more how difficult it is to now have to train these players to change something they have been doing for a lifetime

Do you have any videos or demonstrations of a low hit, in particular, where the player doesn't lead with or lower their helmet? 

3 hours ago, Jags said:

Do you have any videos or demonstrations of a low hit, in particular, where the player doesn't lead with or lower their helmet? 

I don't, but the NFL does. They've shown and given examples to EVERY team. They will continue to do so. There was a hit during the same game, maybe even by the same player, where he made a textbook play on similar bang-bang type plays. 

The thing that worries me the most for this season is exactly what I brought up when all the signings happened.

Players get injured. Last year, we had the depth at WR to sustain injuries to our top two WRs and still were able to produce. Do we have the depth to sustain losing Lee and whatever other week to week injuries that come now that we don’t have ARob and Hurns in the fold too?

16 minutes ago, pwny said:

The thing that worries me the most for this season is exactly what I brought up when all the signings happened.

Players get injured. Last year, we had the depth at WR to sustain injuries to our top two WRs and still were able to produce. Do we have the depth to sustain losing Lee and whatever other week to week injuries that come now that we don’t have ARob and Hurns in the fold too?

According to Madden, we still have three 80 overall WRs and a rookie 72.

Archived