Packers Acquire Antonio Morrison for Lenzy Pipkins

Hawkfan191

Just now, Wyld Stallyns said:

I think this trade benefits the Packer moreso then the Colts. Pipkins right now is only coming over because of injuries in an already undertalented CB group. If certain players recover in time he might not make the team. Morrison had shown flashes but doesn’t have the speed the Colts want in their defense

But Pip isn't undertalented...

7 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Seems like he was considered on the roster bubble over in IND. Consensus seemed to be that he can't cover and is slow and indecisive in the run game. Aggressive hitter, but often fails to finish tackles or is penalized for roughness. Still, Pipkins was probably going to be cut, so it's nice to get something for him.

He made over 100 tackles.

Seems like a solid move for the Packers ... Morrison isn't the ideal fit for what the Packers want, but he's got starting experience and may be able to fill in for a few games until Burks is back.  Pipkins was on the fringes of our roster, and was running with 3rd and 4th string guys. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

He made over 100 tackles.

Just going off what I'm reading, I don't watch the colts much:

"When Indianapolis Colts fans think about Antonio Morrison, their explanations of what he brings to the table can be mixed. Most often though, they fear that his potential has already been realized. His coverage skills are disappointing, he lacks consistency in any aspect of his game, and against the run — which is supposed to be his strength — he lacks the discipline and vision to truly take that next step.

One of Morrison’s most coveted skills, may not actually be a skill at all. His aggression as a hitter/tackler tends to earn the attention of his coaches each year in camp, but once the season kicks off it typically leads to silly penalties and missed tackles."

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

So our CB group now looks like, King, Williams, Alexander, House, Jackson, Waters, Goodson, Hawkins, Brown, and maybe Rollins? I liked Pipkins, but this group seems deep enough. How many do the Packers usually keep? 

I'm betting we keep 6, the 5 guys we know are making it and one of Goodson, Hawkins, Waters, or Rollins.

6 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Well this is better than nothing, we might have relied on an undrafted rookie starting week 1 at MLB if for not this trade. I'm just happy the guy is a good tackler at the very least. 

Ted would have went the undrafted free agent route.  Gute is definitely more aggressive, and I like it.

13 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Just going off what I'm reading, I don't watch the colts much:

"When Indianapolis Colts fans think about Antonio Morrison, their explanations of what he brings to the table can be mixed. Most often though, they fear that his potential has already been realized. His coverage skills are disappointing, he lacks consistency in any aspect of his game, and against the run — which is supposed to be his strength — he lacks the discipline and vision to truly take that next step.

One of Morrison’s most coveted skills, may not actually be a skill at all. His aggression as a hitter/tackler tends to earn the attention of his coaches each year in camp, but once the season kicks off it typically leads to silly penalties and missed tackles."

Thats cool. Not busting on ya - just supplementing the tackle comment with stats. Now - maybe he racked alot of them up on STs - which wouldnt be a bad thing for us - but bottom line,, he was productive. Clearly he's not heading to off to the Pro Bowl type player - but then again, neither was Pipkin.

Archived