Long Shots Who Can Make Your Team

goldfishwars

Which players considered outsiders (UDFAs, late round picks, practice squad guys) to make the team at the start of camp have impressed enough so far that they could make the cut? 

For the Pats, Riley McCarron has seemingly impressed enough on what is now a thin roster spot at receiver after spending last year on the practice squad. 5th round pick Ja’Whaun Bentley might end up starting alongside Dont'a Hightower when the season kicks in. He's impressed as a thumper. 

WR Wims. Right now, I think (and hope) he has already done enough to all but guarantee himself a roster spot as the 6th receiver. 

TE Braunecker is another one who I can't see not making the team this year. Especially with the Shaheen and Sims injuries. The TE position is too important in Nagy's offense to let him go. 

Jullian Taylor was a 7th round pick for the niners who probably has locked up a roster spot. 

Our other seventh round pick, Richie James, is a really strong possibility to make it, but isn't a lock yet. He's definitely a good enough receiver, but the problem is that he'd be the sixth wide receiver, so the battle for the spot is with one of our best special team gunners which is really valuable for a depth piece. Will depend on what the coaching staff feels is more beneficial and whether they want to risk trying to put James on the PS. 

9 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

How about Chris Warren? 

Still not seeing it with him. He has long limbs. Can get chopped down. He's a backup RB. Not a bad player, but I haven't seen anything to make me really go wow. And IMO my strongest player evals are running backs.

For the Panthers, CB Lorenzo Doss might sneak in the last corner spot. Bounced around Broncos and Bills past two years.

Blaine Clausell, former Raven/Patriot OT, looks like he'll make the roster. We have really bad OL depth at the moment...

Penn St UDFA OG Brendan Mahon may also make the team.

Jeremiah McKinnon or Denzel Rice have a shot at making the team at CB. McKinnon has made lots of good plays in the preseason, so I won't be at all surprised if he makes the team. I think he's bounced around different teams' practice squads for a couple of years.

Devon Cajuste is a possibility as well, but I still don't see him making the team over the likes of Devalve and Fells.

Matthew Dayes is unlikely to make the team just because we have Chubb, Hyde and Duke at running back already. Which is a shame, cause I think the guy can play. If he's cut, then any team who picks him up will be getting a pretty solid RB, IMO.

Archived