DEN signs Pacman Jones to 1 year 1M deal

Broncofan

30 minutes ago, medisback said:

A little bit of "character" insight.  When I was in medical school in Fort Worth, I rotated at the local children's hospital.  Pacman was there EVERY week that the team was in town  to see the kids.  Romo did the same thing.  Both of those guys were kind, humble and very encouraging to little ones in tough situations.  

NFL teams require players regularly take part in these types of activities.  The fact that he was cool about it is awesome though, I’ve heard stories where some athletes are jerks the entire time or that it’s pretty obvious they were being forced to be there.

6 hours ago, germ-x said:

I honestly don’t care about the Jones signing.  I really don’t think he does a whole lot for Denver outside of maybe returning punts.  But you’re getting a bit over the top trying to defend him.  Jones is a POS person.  Trying to argue that is a losing battle.  Trouble has followed him since he set foot in the league, that doesn’t happen by accident.  He may be well liked and a good locker room guy, I have no idea, but to say he’s a “smart player” is ludicrous.  He has a history of boneheaded plays.  It was only 2 years ago he and Burfict (surprise those 2 were included in the same sentence) cost the Bengals a playoff win vs the Steelers.

Distinguishing between off the field concerns and locker room concerns is not over the top. The team was considered with the latter and not the former. 

He seems to be slightly more grown up than before, but its a sign of Elway's overconfidence in replacing good players with replacement level guys when we scramble for someone like this so late in the offseason. He thought Langley would progress and a 4th CB level talent like Brock could slide into #3 in our 3CB heavy scheme, but alas no. Then we wait too long and lose out on DRC, a considerably better character guy who is one down season off 21PD and 6INT.

44 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

He seems to be slightly more grown up than before, but its a sign of Elway's overconfidence in replacing good players with replacement level guys when we scramble for someone like this so late in the offseason. He thought Langley would progress and a 4th CB level talent like Brock could slide into #3 in our 3CB heavy scheme, but alas no. Then we wait too long and lose out on DRC, a considerably better character guy who is one down season off 21PD and 6INT.

desperation signing. smh

28 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

You remind me of that gray horse on Winnie the Pooh.

lol fair. I've been positive about a lot of the moves this offseason but I'm just not gonna stick with not being happy about this one. 

52 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

I was thinking the same thing xD. For someone who is so gangster off the field, he sure has some piss poor striking form. 

Maybe it's just a new style. How bout "The running, looping, kinda overhand right". 

A 14 yo club welterweight would kick his a**.

To show that he’s seen as possible 3rd CB / PR but as a short term investment - not even guaranteed $.  Has to make squad to get 90k bonus and the 1M+ salary.   Makes tonight interesting as Pacman needs to play decently tonight to stick.  

On 8/27/2018 at 6:15 AM, Royal_VT said:

Lol Mike Klis tweeted something along the lines of this risky signing means Elway believes our roster is close to competing.

Is there a Klis-hating Fan Club I can join?

In the last few years this franchise has adopted a very Patriots-esque approach where favorable coverage is traded is access. Have you heard/read Klis (or anyone at The Fan) say something negative about this team? They have their own radio station for Pete's sake, two of their own radio stations if you count The Fan, the most widely-watched local TV network and a cheerleading blog. If one gets their information from only those sources, which are far and away the most popular and most widely-consumed, you'd think a 14-2 season and No. 1 seed is a fete accompli. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

In the last few years this franchise has adopted a very Patriots-esque approach where favorable coverage is traded is access. Have you heard/read Klis (or anyone at The Fan) say something negative about this team? They have their own radio station for Pete's sake, two of their own radio stations if you count The Fan, the most widely-watched local TV network and a cheerleading blog. If one gets their information from only those sources, which are far and away the most popular and most widely-consumed, you'd think a 14-2 season and No. 1 seed is a fete accompli. 

14-2?!? Fake news!!!!

Archived