2018 53-Man Roster Projections and Discussion

Broncofan

30 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I don't really see the value in keeping McKenzie with Jones on the team. I think that move sealed his fate. 

That and the emergence of Lindsay make McKenzie mighty expendable. He hasn't got a shot.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

That and the emergence of Lindsay make McKenzie mighty expendable. He hasn't got a shot.

I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if he is cut, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks around as the teams punt returner.  Ultimately, I think Denver keeps him, even with the addition of Jones.

11 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I definitely wouldn’t be surprised if he is cut, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if he sticks around as the teams punt returner.  Ultimately, I think Denver keeps him, even with the addition of Jones.

Maybe, never say never, but keeping him just as a PR (he'll never see a snap at WR) seems like quite a luxury when we've got a lot of "bubble guys" that can probably contribute more, even if it's just depth. Both Jones and Lindsay can probably handle the return duties quite well.

28 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Maybe, never say never, but keeping him just as a PR (he'll never see a snap at WR) seems like quite a luxury when we've got a lot of "bubble guys" that can probably contribute more, even if it's just depth. Both Jones and Lindsay can probably handle the return duties quite well.

McKenzie contributed some last year at WR and is a decent gadget player at worst, which isn’t a bad thing to have as part of the WR unit when you have the depth Denver has.

McKenzie has shown flashes of being a very good returner.  The problem is/was he couldn’t hold onto the football.  Obviously a BIG problem in the NFL.  Just a gut feeling I guess that Denver gives him another chance, the guy is electric with the ball and I just don’t see Elway throwing that away after 1 season, even if maybe he should.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

McKenzie contributed some last year at WR and is a decent gadget player at worst, which isn’t a bad thing to have as part of the WR unit when you have the depth Denver has.

McKenzie has shown flashes of being a very good returner.  The problem is/was he couldn’t hold onto the football.  Obviously a BIG problem in the NFL.  Just a gut feeling I guess that Denver gives him another chance, the guy is electric with the ball and I just don’t see Elway throwing that away after 1 season, even if maybe he should.

Valid points germ-x, can't argue that. I think though Lindsay passed him as far as a gadget guy and Leslie made quite a bid last night to be a 6th WR on offense and ST gunner.

He's right on the bubble though no matter how you look at it. Hitting on our new WR's in the draft and having guys like Patrick and Leslie step up as WR's and adding Lindsay and Jones as PR/KR guys didn't help his chances a bit.

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Valid points germ-x, can't argue that. I think though Lindsay passed him as far as a gadget guy and Leslie made quite a bid last night to be a 6th WR on offense and ST gunner.

He's right on the bubble though no matter how you look at it. Hitting on our new WR's in the draft and having guys like Patrick and Leslie step up as WR's and adding Lindsay and Jones as PR/KR guys didn't help his chances a bit.

Leslie now gone.

seems like it’s down to Lynch/Vet QB, D. Henderson, McKenzie, Holland, Langley, Thomas for the last couple (3?) slots.  

Personally, I hope they part ways with Lynch, and then I th8nk they need to prioritize Holland and Thomas.  So that would leave 1 of McKenzie, Henderson and Langley.  I’d really like to keep Henderson, but given those trades, I think I’d have to keep Langley due to a combination of positional value and ST value.  But it will be interesting to see what they do.

6 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Leslie now gone.

seems like it’s down to Lynch/Vet QB, D. Henderson, McKenzie, Holland, Langley, Thomas for the last couple (3?) slots.  

Personally, I hope they part ways with Lynch, and then I th8nk they need to prioritize Holland and Thomas.  So that would leave 1 of McKenzie, Henderson and Langley.  I’d really like to keep Henderson, but given those trades, I think I’d have to keep Langley due to a combination of positional value and ST value.  But it will be interesting to see what they do.

That’s kind of where I am at with Henderson too and the entire situation.  I like Henderson, but the positional value isn’t there.  Denver can stash David Williams and another RB on the PS and sign them if need be or go out and get a veteran FA (there are always veteran RBs on the market).

First piece of news that gives hope - C-Henderson cut.  No doubt we try to stash him on PS if he clears waivers but if not it’s a sunk cost.  Should repeat with McKenzie.   Don’t hang on the failures from terrible draft strategy Elway - gadget guys who are ST weapons aren’t worth the patience as other projects.  It’s a sunk cost. 

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Cutting Langley doesn't surprise me. But cutting D-Henderson and a Jeff Holland does. 

Are they really planning on keeping Lindsay, McKenzie and Pacman? Do we need 3 PR/KRs? 

No, but we can use a 3rd down back and a cornerback. 

No explanation for McKenzie. Cut him. 

Archived