2018 53-Man Roster Projections and Discussion

Broncofan

29 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Cutting Langley doesn't surprise me. But cutting D-Henderson and a Jeff Holland does. 

Are they really planning on keeping Lindsay, McKenzie and Pacman? Do we need 3 PR/KRs? 

D-Henderson never got on the field last year until week 16-17.   Even when season was lost.  That and his inability to crack the top 4 rotation speaks to either playbook or pass protection issues as most likely.  RB is the easiest position to fill.  I don’t have a problem with it if you aren’t special it’s easiest to find other guys just as talented.   

Holland is an awful cut.  EDGE isn’t even close to the same depth wise for us and it’s so hard to find potential future difference makers.   SMH x 100000 still.  

Langley and C-Henderson over Godwin/Golladay and Langley over well just about anyone on the 2017 board at that time.   What a disaster 2017 draft (Kelly might be the biggest diff maker ironically if Keenum isn’t the long term guy).  Such wasted draft capital.   

If we keep McKenzie over Holland / Langley it makes me seriously question what the talent evaluation process is in Dove Valley.  Gadget WR with ST return ability aren’t worth keeping over premium position guys.  Even if Holland / Langley never work out the investment ceiling is so much more.  At least Langley might make it to the PS because of how raw he is.  Holland seems a lock to get claimed now or later given the pedigree, college tape and positional scarcity.   I hated the Langley pick but that was based on his need to develop with no floor when so many better options are there.   It came with the understanding it likely takes 2 years to know.   Should never even have considered him if you are only going to give him 1 year.     

God I hope I’m wrong on Holland being claimed.  That’s an awful decision to keep McKenzie over him and really bad for even Langley’s future ceiling and stage of development.   

Keeping Lynch over either - there just aren’t words.  

31 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

D-Henderson never got on the field last year until week 16-17.   Even when season was lost.  That and his inability to crack the top 4 rotation speaks to either playbook or pass protection issues as most likely.  RB is the easiest position to fill.  I don’t have a problem with it if you aren’t special it’s easiest to find other guys just as talented.   

Holland is an awful cut.  EDGE isn’t even close to the same depth wise for us and it’s so hard to find potential future difference makers.   SMH x 100000 still.  

Langley and C-Henderson over Godwin/Golladay and Langley over well just about anyone on the 2017 board at that time.   What a disaster 2017 draft (Kelly might be the biggest diff maker ironically if Keenum isn’t the long term guy).  Such wasted draft capital.   

If we keep McKenzie over Holland / Langley it makes me seriously question what the talent evaluation process is in Dove Valley.  Gadget WR with ST return ability aren’t worth keeping over premium position guys.  Even if Holland / Langley never work out the investment ceiling is so much more.  At least Langley might make it to the PS because of how raw he is.  Holland seems a lock to get claimed now or later given the pedigree, college tape and positional scarcity.   I hated the Langley pick but that was based on his need to develop with no floor when so many better options are there.   It came with the understanding it likely takes 2 years to know.   Should never even have considered him if you are only going to give him 1 year.     

God I hope I’m wrong on Holland being claimed.  That’s an awful decision to keep McKenzie over him and really bad for even Langley’s future ceiling and stage of development.   

Keeping Lynch over either - there just aren’t words.  

In regards to Henderson not getting on the field - our coaching staff is completely incompetent 

18 minutes ago, champ11 said:

In regards to Henderson not getting on the field - our coaching staff is completely incompetent 

Well as much as I’ve been critical of the coaching staff and FO the last 2 years I do actually try to see if there’s an alternative explanation.  It’s definitely tried our collective patience lol.   

You could very well be right - the proof will be if D-Henderson succeeds elsewhere as a pass blocker and pass catcher.  Then yeah bad evaluation on our part.  Which given our decision to cut Holland over Lynch it’s hard to argue isn’t a very real possibility.   Really given our decision to cut anyone of potential worth over Lynch.  SMH x 10000000 now. 

Joe Jones being our best ST guy means keeping 6 ILB.   That, Dymonte Thomas, Cravens and Lynch are Holland / D-Henderson / Langley are the 3 bubble guys are getting cut.  

I get the reasoning for Jones.  And I get the value Cravens and Thomas bring now and in the future.  But I still think that Holland should have stayed over all of them.   I think Henderson easily stays over Lynch.  Same for Langley.   Really the Lynch decision is what stings (although both Thomas / Cravens can be questioned and 6 ILB too Lynch is such an awful decision it’s ridiculously bad).

I’d have argued to keep a ham sandwich over Lynch.  At least I know the team would have gotten 1 gameday return from the ham sandwich.  

Archived