Sign in to follow this  
Broncofan

2018 53-Man Roster Projections and Discussion

21 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Why keep Bierria over Holland?

I don't know, could be a lot of things. Different position, (we did let Anderson go), ST play, broader skill set.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Maybe they see he and Jewell as our future starting ILB's. I just don't know.

Anyway, there's a reason he went undrafted despite such obvious pass rushing skills. Whatever that reason is it's probably the same one that got him waived.

I'm not sure how I feel about the cuts but I'm loving what Oakland has done. They killed the morale of their players already and it's not even week one. Then they waste a 3rd round pick on a wr who smoked himself out of the league?!?

15 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Wtf 

They want immediate special teams returns rather than developing Holland for when the pass rushers leave. This FO actually thinks we’re gonna make the playoffs this year

17 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm not sure how I feel about the cuts but I'm loving what Oakland has done. They killed the morale of their players already and it's not even week one. Then they waste a 3rd round pick on a wr who smoked himself out of the league?!?

Pure incompetence kinda bums me out honestly lol I feel bad for Raiders fans 

Just now, champ11 said:

Pure incompetence kinda bums me out honestly lol I feel bad for Raiders fans 

What happens if the locker room turns on gruden this year? They can't cut ties till years down the road so they might be screwed.  And McKenzie made it clear he didn't want to trade Mack lol is gruden the defacto gm?

Knew Elway was going to keep Lynch around. He just can't accept that the 1st Round Pick he made (and traded up for) is on the verge of being classed as a bust, if he hasn't been already.

I don't imagine Elway is on any kind of hot seat but surely questions have to be asked if this season turns out to be a bad one too.

We'll just sign Holland to the ps on Monday unless he doesn't want to.  I still don't think anyone will pick him up for their 53.

Color me surprised.  We don’t see these guys in practice everyday, so I would normall give the coaches the benefit of the doubt.  But man, from what we’ve seen of Lynch, seems pretty obvious the kid doesn’t have the mental make-up to be an NFL quarterback.  I didn’t see thursdays’s game, but it’s hard to imagine anything he’d did against 4th stringers meaning anything.

6 Inside LB’s????.  Trying to make up for mediocre talent with volume?  WTF? Same at OL.  Just don’t get it.  Hope some of these guys sneak trough to the Practice squad, but would have thought some of the guys they kept would have had a much better chance of clearing Waivers.

1 hour ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Color me surprised.  We don’t see these guys in practice everyday, so I would normall give the coaches the benefit of the doubt.  But man, from what we’ve seen of Lynch, seems pretty obvious the kid doesn’t have the mental make-up to be an NFL quarterback.  I didn’t see thursdays’s game, but it’s hard to imagine anything he’d did against 4th stringers meaning anything.

6 Inside LB’s????.  Trying to make up for mediocre talent with volume?  WTF? Same at OL.  Just don’t get it.  Hope some of these guys sneak trough to the Practice squad, but would have thought some of the guys they kept would have had a much better chance of clearing Waivers.

I doubt if 6 ILB's was the plan but AJ Johnson seemed to derail that. He wouldn't have cleared waivers.

6 ILBs is a big freakin head scratcher.  Especially considering that Marshall is maybe the only 3 down player of the bunch.  Factor in NFL teams are using nickel/dime defenses more than base, meaning a guy like Cravens/Parks/Thomas are replacing 1 of the ILBs more often than not and it literally makes no sense.  The only logical explanation (and someone pointed this out already) is Denver is trying to improve their STs by keeping more ILBs.

Honestly it’s goofy as hell to have kept that many ILBs in today’s league while running a base 3/4. 

7 minutes ago, DiehardBronxFan said:

Wilkerson? Sam Jones? Joe Jones? Bierra?  

I think you mean Wilkinson. I'm real curious about him. Apparently he started at RG for a half and LT for a half against the Cardinals. He's also seen action at RT.  If he could play at an average level for those spots it would be a huge upgrade from what we've had. Sam Jones could be a late round find. Have to wait and see.