Preseason, Week 4: VIKINGS (2-1) at Titans (0-3)

swede700

Who will have the most receptions this game?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the most receptions this game?

• Laquon Treadwell
    • Taywan Taylor
    • Chad Beebe
    • Tajae Sharpe
    • Jake Wieneke
    • Darius Jennings
    • David Morgan
    • Luke Stocker
    • Other

Game 4

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif  at NFL_Titans_zpsvqqs5bia.gif

When:  8:00 PM EST August 30th

Where: Nissan Stadium (Nashville, TN)

TV/Radio: KMSP (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); Replay on NFLN: 5:00 AM EST, September 2nd

Announcers: Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Greg Coleman

Coverage Map:  N/A

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None

Titans - Questionable: None, Doubtful: None, Out: None 

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

harvinHOF.gif

The Titans got wide receiver Rishard Matthews and linebacker Brian Orakpo back at practice on Monday after extended absences and both players appear to be on track to play in Week One. Tight end Delanie Walker isn’t as far along as his teammates, but he said on Monday that he expects his toe injury to be out of the way to join them in the lineup against the Dolphins on September 9.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/28/delanie-walker-confident-hell-be-back-for-opener/

This week, with the preseason finale looming before NFL rosters are cut from 90 to 53 players on Saturday, Preifer says the young coverage players on special teams “have been put on notice.” The coordinator said Thursday’s preseason finale is the “Super Bowl” for young coverage players trying to make the roster.

“It’s been a rough preseason,” he said. “I know our fans expect better, I know our organization expects better and so do I, and I think we’re going to get there.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Vikings-special-teams-unacceptable-coordinator-says-121084985/

So I'm wondering if Sloter might actually get the start? Maybe not, maybe Siemian does and goes a series or two, but I'd give Kyle at least to half or into the 3rd, then hand it over to Pujals to close it out.

36 minutes ago, whitehops said:

how on earth have our coverage teams been so bad this preseason? we've consistently been at the top of the league iirc.

It's preseason and there's a lot of young guys participating in the special teams to try to get a job.  I'm not at all concerned.  

We received a very important uniform update Tuesday from Jim Wyatt of Titans Online. The Titans will wrap up their preseason schedule Thursday night at home against the Vikings, and will do so in their navy blue jerseys and pants.

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/28/titans-to-debut-all-navy-blue-uniforms-thursday-vs-vikings/

Apparently, they're getting the ugly unitard look out of the way early. 

Archived