WR Marqise Lee (IR) out for the season

Nabbs4u

Unfortunately I think this will be occuring more and more in the coming years with players going low, scared to death to get fined/flagged for hitting a player high!

Cause and effect of all the changes to helmets and concussion!

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/marqise-lee-injury-update-jaguars-knee-serious-doug-marrone-falcons-preseason-nfl-news-helmet-rule/16ypm3koxo4im12n5wf8r8r7tt

Moncrief better be ready to live up to some of that promise he showed early in his career.

Luckily, I did like some of the youth in the Jax receiving corps. Not sure it will hold and they will continue to progress, but I thought Cole and Westbrook had some nice moments (Cole in particular looked like he could be a real player in this league at times), so I'm interested to see how they work out moving forward.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What's sad is that a player went low to specifically avoid the leading with the helmet penalty and he still got called for it.  Stupid rule is stupid. 

From the angle I saw it looked like he lowered his helmet ala Ryan Shazier which is what the new rule is trying to eliminate.

Since many will start going low I think cleats are going to have to change to avoid some of these torn ligaments.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

From the angle I saw it looked like he lowered his helmet ala Ryan Shazier which is what the new rule is trying to eliminate.

Since many will start going low I think cleats are going to have to change to avoid some of these torn ligaments.

At this rate, they're gonna have to make hitting anywhere with your helmet illegal to cut back on injuries, which I can totally see them doing now. Hell, I was under the impression that it already was illegal to hit with your helmet, period.

But yeah, I'll bet the Jags' front office are wishing they paid Allen Robinson now. That offense is gonna be bad. In fact, it was nothing special with all of Hurns, Robinson and Lee, and now all 3 are gone.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Moncrief better be ready to live up to some of that promise he showed early in his career.

Luckily, I did like some of the youth in the Jax receiving corps. Not sure it will hold and they will continue to progress, but I thought Cole and Westbrook had some nice moments (Cole in particular looked like he could be a real player in this league at times), so I'm interested to see how they work out moving forward.

Don't count on it not only is he inconsistent but he's injury prone as well.

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Is there a team in the league that has a bigger discrepancy between their offensive talent and defensive talent?

Probably no lol

Really sucks that he is gone for the year. I do think we have decent enough WRs. Wasn't like losing A-Rob last year where he was a legit bonafide #1. Lee is a decent #2 and probably our best WR but I think we have enough 2s and 3s to manage without him

On 2018-08-27 at 12:11 PM, Thomas5737 said:

would a knee brace have helped?  

what ligaments got damaged? I haven't seen any details and don't want to watch the video. NFL is in need of a change if they allow this to keep going. 

Archived