WR Marqise Lee (IR) out for the season

Nabbs4u

8 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

He only missed two games last year. And they lost Hurns and Marcedes. Obviously a nice upgrade on the IOL in Norwell. 

I think it was a nagging injury that was with him most of the season though.

I’m not trying to hype the Jags offense; it could very well be bad this year. I just don’t think Lee is the difference maker. It would obviously be nice to have Hurns in hindsight.

I just think their success is way more dependent on their run game and Blake’s decision making. 

52 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

would a knee brace have helped?  

what ligaments got damaged? I haven't seen any details and don't want to watch the video. NFL is in need of a change if they allow this to keep going. 

Could have helped but the knee isn't what gets stuck in the turf that causes the injury. They probably should dumb down the cleats, or gasp, eliminate cleats. If everyone is on a level playing field it shouldn't interfere too much with the game besides giving the offense a bit of an advantage but they can counter that by removing a lot of the new rules they have added to benefit the offense in recent years.

Just saw knee ligaments, probably ACL.

21 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Sure... and the fact that Hurns would be a top 2 or 3 WR on this current Jags roster is kind of my point. There’s not much there. 

Except he wouldn't be...

Maybe the 2015 Hurns, but he isn't that. At least not until he can get past all the nagging injuries that have consistently hit him since.

Cole, Moncrief, Dede, Chark present some solid talent. Mickens came in last year and was decently productive. From a strict pass catching circumstance, ASJ should bring more to the table then Marcedes as well.

Luckily we added Norwell on the OL and AJ Cann seems to have turned a corner. OL should be quite good barring injuries.

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Except he wouldn't be...

Maybe the 2015 Hurns, but he isn't that. At least not until he can get past all the nagging injuries that have consistently hit him since.

Cole, Moncrief, Dede, Chark present some solid talent. Mickens came in last year and was decently productive. From a strict pass catching circumstance, ASJ should bring more to the table then Marcedes as well.

Luckily we added Norwell on the OL and AJ Cann seems to have turned a corner. OL should be quite good barring injuries.

The OL definitely looks good. The Norwell signing was a great move for a team like Jacksonville. 

Regardless, that WR Corp isn’t scaring anyone in the NFL. 

Just now, Cheesehawk said:

The OL definitely looks good. The Norwell signing was a great move for a team like Jacksonville. 

Don't think Lee changes much at all in regards to that last comment.

Personally, I didn't even want us to resign him. He had some nagging injuries and had his issues last year. Definitely hurts our depth, but if this means more Cole/Dede/Chark and the rest of the receiving group can stay healthy I like the upside more than with Lee in there.

Moncrief has looked quite good. I hope he can defy his label (injury prone) and stay healthy.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Don't think Lee changes much at all in regards to that last comment.

Personally, I didn't even want us to resign him. He had some nagging injuries and had his issues last year. Definitely hurts our depth, but if this means more Cole/Dede/Chark and the rest of the receiving group can stay healthy I like the upside more than with Lee in there.

Moncrief has looked quite good. I hope he can defy his label (injury prone) and stay healthy.

Absolutely. It will open more opportunities for the young guys. I hope Chark can stay healthy, he could be deadly if the running game gets going. 

3 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

They really don't need to scare anyone in their roles. Defenses are keying in on stopping a very good ground game. They have enough talent on the outside to be effective in what they do through the air offensively. 

4 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Absolutely. It will open more opportunities for the young guys. I hope Chark can stay healthy, he could be deadly if the running game gets going. 

He was quite good in camp. Lot of reports of him beating Jalen/Bouye at times. May take some time but I definitely feel good about Chark long term.

18 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Roll your eyes if you want. Fact is you have two 300 yd receivers, Cole, and an unproven rookie. So yeah, like i said, there’s not much there. 

If you're going back to 2015 to bring up Hurns, why not do the same for Moncrief's 700 yard season?

Because Hurns has not been close to his rookie or 2015 form.

Hurns is a vet and knows how to play, but anyone who watches the Jaguars regularly knows that the offense went into drastic changes last year after the selection of Fournette (and really Hackett's first year as OC).

Hurns didn't fit what they wanted out of that position anymore...which was speed vertically and speed horizontally.

Moncrief, Dede, Cole, Chark all fit that mold.

Even the guys that the injury likely opens up a spot for (Mickens and/or Wynn) fit that mold.

The kids will be alright.

Archived