Patriots extend G Shaq Mason 5 year 50 mil

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You guys really have a stick up your butt...

It's the first time I've commented on it, it's not about this particular instance, it's been the same schtick since February. Starts to grate after a while tbh even for people who hate the Pats. JS

Just now, cddolphin said:

It's the first time I've commented on it, it's not about this particular instance, it's been the same schtick since February. Starts to grate after a while tbh even for people who hate the Pats. JS

All I did was post a gif cause it was Shaq he beat. It’s not like I don’t realize Mason is a solid player.

Also, Eagles fans are gonna enjoy it for as long as we can. I haven’t really even seen much annoying posting from our fans, but then again I haven’t gone into NFL Gen that much which is where it probably would happen.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

This.

The trolling was fun the first month or two, now it is just annoying. 

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Which is why I specified "$10+". From a cap perspective, you can find good enough serviceable guards to plug into the line. If you are spending big bucks, the guy better be elite to justify that cap space. And I guess from my perspective I don't think Mason is worth that much. Norwell, and particularly Martin, they make more, but you know you are getting top of the line production. 

Is he good and worth starting? Absolutely. But just not sure that his price tag justifies it. But hey if the Pat's have the cap space, why not. 

When you find more, send us some.

10 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Which is why I specified "$10+". From a cap perspective, you can find good enough serviceable guards to plug into the line. If you are spending big bucks, the guy better be elite to justify that cap space. And I guess from my perspective I don't think Mason is worth that much. Norwell, and particularly Martin, they make more, but you know you are getting top of the line production. 

Is he good and worth starting? Absolutely. But just not sure that his price tag justifies it. But hey if the Pat's have the cap space, why not. 

He was arguably a top ten guard last year. Guy allowed one sack over the entire regular season playing in 16 games. 

It it was widely speculated that he’d get top ten guard money. For example:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverthomas/2018/06/18/nfls-rising-tide-awaits-patriots-guard-shaq-mason-in-2019-free-agency/#a54475a3945b

Its possible to get acceptable play from low round picks at any position, but the marginal cost of great players at any position is very high. The Patriots have long valued talented interior linemen. 

18 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

There ya go.

Lucky? The Eagles outplayed the Pats and made the big stop when they needed it

David Tyree was luck. The Eagles win was just being the team that played the best and had the better gameplay 

The need for Pats fans to try to cheapen the accomplishments of other teams is really silly. The Pats are the best team of this generation over a 18 year period but that doesn't mean they haven't been outplayed plenty and been the worse team on the biggest stages from time to time. The Eagles won, were the deserving. champions and Pats fans should just move on. 

On 8/28/2018 at 12:29 PM, mcmurtry86 said:

Lucky? The Eagles outplayed the Pats and made the big stop when they needed it

David Tyree was luck. The Eagles win was just being the team that played the best and had the better gameplay 

The need for Pats fans to try to cheapen the accomplishments of other teams is really silly. The Pats are the best team of this generation over a 18 year period but that doesn't mean they haven't been outplayed plenty and been the worse team on the biggest stages from time to time. The Eagles won, were the deserving. champions and Pats fans should just move on. 

They didn't outplay us; Belichick got outcoached because he benched Butler at the last minute for absolutely no reason.

6 hours ago, everlong said:

They didn't outplay us; Belichick got outcoached because he benched Butler for absolutely no reason.

As a defensive minded coach, his defense has been relatively mediocre in the playoffs. Over his entire tenure with the Patriots, the Patriots have given up an average of about 21 points per game defensively.

Tom Brady is the carry of this team. Bill Belichik is a really good coach, but if not for Tom Brady, the Patriots win 1, maybe 2 Super Bowls all in all.

Archived