Raiders trade Ryan Switzer WR to Steelers

49erurtaza

I am like...huh???? What are the Raiders trying to do??? They really must want to run, run, run, and then run some more. As for the Steelers, they have AB, JuJu, Washington, Rogers, Hunter, and now Switz. I believe Hunter will be cut. I mean thats too many receivers to have for someone not to be cut. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Are the steelers trying to keep AB from returning punts this year? I would think that the Steelers are more interested in Switzer the returner than Switzer the wide receiver, though maybe I'm wrong. 

We weren't crazy strong in the slot. Our slot guys were the ever inspiring group of Eli Rogers(coming off an ACL tear and a looming suspension), Marcus Tucker, Damoun Patterson, and Justin Thomas. Not much to write home about.

21 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We weren't crazy strong in the slot. Our slot guys were the ever inspiring group of Eli Rogers(coming off an ACL tear and a looming suspension), Marcus Tucker, Damoun Patterson, and Justin Thomas. Not much to write home about.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this why you guys drafted James Washington?

I was initially confused by this trade also.  Turns out, he's a capable, sometimes dangerous punt returner.  He can also return kicks.  This is going to be his main value with the team.  They haven't had a decent option outside of Antonio Brown at PR (and KR, for that matter) for years.   Hoping he performs as advertised.  

Archived