Sign in to follow this  
vike daddy

Behold Da Bearz!

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Bears clam K Roberto Aguayo off waivers, after the Bucs drop him.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenario, and to come in somewhere with no pressure compared to being a 2nd-round kicker. Kicking is all mental.

Chicago Bears running back Ka'Deem Carey is set to miss six weeks after having surgery to repair an injured wrist.

According to Chris Emma of 670 The Score, Bears head coach John Fox was uncertain of precisely when, or how, Carey injured his wrist and didn’t have details about the full extent of the injury.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/23/bears-kadeem-carey-out-six-weeks-after-wrist-surgery/

Did their strength guy work with the Vikings at some point?  The Bears have seemed to have an inordinate amount of injuries over the past 2 years.  

Former West Virginia standout Kevin White is headed to the injured reserve list after sustaining a broken collarbone Sunday, according to an ESPN report.

The injury could be season-ending and extends a string of injuries for the receiver since he was drafted by Chicago Bears with the No. 7 overall pick in 2015.

http://wvmetronews.com/2017/09/10/broken-clavicle-sends-kevin-white-back-to-ir/

3 years. 3 major injuries. I feel bad for the man. 

8 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

3 years. 3 major injuries. I feel bad for the man. 

Agreed. I remember kind of wanting the Vikings to draft him. I'm glad that they didn't.

Also, Bears looked a bit better than I expected against Atlanta, but Glennon did not. I wonder if Trubisky will end up starting mid-season.

I do feel bad for him personally, as I did favor taking him in that draft over Waynes.  But, in retrospect, I'm certainly glad the Bears took him first. 

Edited by disaacs

HWS guys always scare me in the draft. But you have to feel for a guy that can't stay healthy. Although, I'm a firm believer that a player's health/ injury prevention is very closely tied to the type of work they put into preparing for the season and taking care of their body. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:16 AM, disaacs said:

I do feel bad for him personally, as I did favor taking him in that draft over Waynes.  But, in retrospect, I'm certainly glad the Bears took him first. 

From what I saw Glennon didn't look bad.  His receivers in the red zone could've helped him look better!  He ran the 2 minute offense pretty effectively until stone hand syndrome began to afflict the targeted receivers. 

I meant to quote Gnat, not Disaacs.

Edited by Virginia Viking
I meant to quote Gnat, not Disaacs.