Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

The Bears are preparing to say goodbye to cornerback Kyle Fuller, and they’re saying hello to cornerback Desmond Trufant. Trufant is signing a one-year deal with the Bears, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

A 2013 first-round draft pick of the Falcons, Trufant played his first seven seasons in Atlanta before playing last year in Detroit. Last year he started six games for the Lions but suffered hamstring injuries that severely limited him, and the Lions cut him this offseason.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/19/bears-sign-desmond-trufant/

On 3/18/2021 at 3:10 PM, vike daddy said:

Andy Dalton signed a one-year, $10 million deal with the Bears this week and he shared the biggest reason why he decided to come to Chicago during a Thursday press conference. Dalton said that the team’s message to him before he signed was that there isn’t a plan for a competition for the starting job.

Dalton: “They told me I was the starter. That was one of the reasons why I wanted to come here.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/18/andy-dalton-bears-told-me-i-was-the-starter/

That has to give bears fans confidence.  Dalton signed with them to get a chance to start

39 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

That has to give bears fans confidence.  Dalton signed with them to get a chance to start

What in the world are they doing?  I thought for sure Foles would be the starter and Dalton only the backup.  Still would be shocked if they do not go QB in the 2nd and get Mond or Trask which would be good developmental guys either one.  

10 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

What in the world are they doing?  I thought for sure Foles would be the starter and Dalton only the backup.  Still would be shocked if they do not go QB in the 2nd and get Mond or Trask which would be good developmental guys either one.  

Personally I like Dalton more than Foles. Foles has had one decent year and it’s the end where he beat the Vikings. Otherwise it’s been mostly below average.

Dalton has at least been average most of his career, if not at times above average. They just need to give him more than what they have. 

either way I don’t think it’s the best situation for the bears. Maybe one of them round 2 QB’s will develop and produce. 

The Bears gave defensive tackle Akiem Hicks permission to seek a trade, but nothing has materialized and it now appears Hicks will remain in Chicago. Hicks is now likely to remain with the Bears, Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports.

The Bears officially cut cornerback Kyle Fuller on Saturday, and their precarious salary cap situation led them to consider parting ways with Hicks as well. Hicks is heading into the final year of his contract and scheduled to earn $10.5 million this season.

But the Bears didn’t find a trading partner, and the 31-year-old Hicks won’t be going anywhere.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/21/report-bears-likely-to-keep-akiem-hicks/

According to Dan Wiederer of the Chicago Tribune, the Bears look to be doing their research on Day 2 quarterbacks in next month’s NFL draft, hoping the detailed and collaborative evaluations of Pace, Nagy and their respective staffs can identify potential long-term difference-makers.

Those Day 2 quarterbacks includes Florida’s Kyle Trask, Texas A&M’s Kellen Mond, Georgia’s Jamie Newman and Notre Dame’s Ian Book.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/21/bears-2021-nfl-draft-quarterback-rumors/?fbclid=IwAR3EI7TUjD2o4akGJyDlDdGqymIcFSGQ1IMFy1McRko3LR1bhnY02NWc09c

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/28/2021 at 8:21 AM, swede700 said:

They are not a threat in my mind.  Nagy thinks he's a lot smarter than he actually is.  They are a 9-8, 8-9 team at best.  

That's the point we always struggle against their defense and we all thought that last year when they did better than us. Obviously not as worried about them as the Packers but if we all finished with similar records I wouldn't be surprised.