Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

The Color Rush uniforms are (generally) dead, but the Bears are opting for a rush of color in their alternate jersey.

For 2018, the orange jerseys will be worn during the Week 6 game at Dolphins and for the Week 11 home game against the Vikings.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/15/bears-bring-back-orange-jerseys-for-2018/

• 4 weeks later...

Via Dan Wiederer of the Chicago Tribune, Bears cornerback Prince Amukamara was asked what he hoped to accomplish this year.

“I’m really looking for a 10-pick season,” Amukamara replied.

The 29-year-old Amukamara has played seven seasons in the NFL. He also has seven interceptions, with three of them coming in 2014 for the Giants. HIs last interception was in September 2015, when he picked off Washington’s Kirk Cousins.

“I’m reaching for the stars, right?” Amukamara said. “But at the same time, I know what I’m capable of. I know how hard I’ve worked. And every year I keep putting those goals out there. Because when it finally does happen, I can circle back to the time that I said it.”

If it does happen, the Bears will be delighted with the three-year contract they gave him this offseason, which included $18 million in guarantees.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/12/prince-amukamara-has-set-a-high-goal-for-himself/

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Via Dan Wiederer of the Chicago Tribune, Bears cornerback Prince Amukamara was asked what he hoped to accomplish this year.

“I’m really looking for a 10-pick season,” Amukamara replied.

The 29-year-old Amukamara has played seven seasons in the NFL. He also has seven interceptions, with three of them coming in 2014 for the Giants. HIs last interception was in September 2015, when he picked off Washington’s Kirk Cousins.

“I’m reaching for the stars, right?” Amukamara said. “But at the same time, I know what I’m capable of. I know how hard I’ve worked. And every year I keep putting those goals out there. Because when it finally does happen, I can circle back to the time that I said it.”

If it does happen, the Bears will be delighted with the three-year contract they gave him this offseason, which included $18 million in guarantees.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/12/prince-amukamara-has-set-a-high-goal-for-himself/

Wow! Is PA related to AP ?

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I forgot about Prince Amukamara. Good for him for having lofty expectations, but I think QBs learn quickly to stay away from ballhawking corners.

Is he really a ball hawking corner, though? He has a total of 7 interceptions in his career, 0 interceptions in his past two years. Or are you saying his lack of interceptions is due to his ball hawking prowess; meaning QB’s shy away from his side of the field? 

3 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

Is he really a ball hawking corner, though? He has a total of 7 interceptions in his career, 0 interceptions in his past two years. Or are you saying his lack of interceptions is due to his ball hawking prowess; meaning QB’s shy away from his side of the field? 

In general, QBs stay away from ballhawking CBs.

If PA becomes a ballhawking CB, QBs will stay away from him.

Mixing up your adjectives. Ball-hawking is a term that’s pretty much exclusively used with safeties.

QBs tend to stay awake from “shut down” corners. Marcus Peters generates a lot of interceptions, but he’s not a “shut down” corner so QBs still throw his way. 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2018 at 9:19 PM, rpmwr19 said:

Mixing up your adjectives. Ball-hawking is a term that’s pretty much exclusively used with safeties.

QBs tend to stay awake from “shut down” corners. Marcus Peters generates a lot of interceptions, but he’s not a “shut down” corner so QBs still throw his way. 

Marcus Peters probably gives up 3 big plays for every big play he makes.  It's why the Chiefs got rid of him.  

Bears linebacker Roquan Smith is one of the 14 remaining draft picks without a contract, which wouldn’t ordinarily a cause for panic in mid-July. Except for the fact the Bears rookies report to camp today. Via Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the first-rounder is not among the players reporting today, and won’t until he has a deal.

It’s not a holdout since he doesn’t have a contract to hold out from, and labeling him as such is one of the ways teams apply subtle pressure, knowing fans fall for it and blame the player for such things.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/16/bears-first-rounder-roquan-smith-unsigned-not-reporting-yet/

• 2 weeks later...

As training camps open, rookies across the league are getting their deals done — with only two exceptions. Jets quarterback Sam Darnold (the third overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft) and Bears linebacker Roquan Smith (the eighth overall pick) are the only remaining unsigned rookies.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/26/sam-darnold-roquan-smith-are-the-only-remaining-unsigned-rookies/