Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

I don't understand why they just don't sign Forbath.  It almost seems like they're intentionally botching their kicking situation.  But then again, I probably wouldn't want to sign there either, considering how Nagy just seems to be so intense on the kicking situation that he's almost doomed anyone who gets the job.  

we can certainly criticize Zimmer for how he's handled the kicking job, but Nagy may be even worse at it.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Bears offensive tackle T.J. Clemmings will miss the season with a quadriceps injury, coach Matt Nagy announced Monday. Clemmings injured his leg in the team’s preseason game against the Colts.

The Vikings made Clemmings a fourth-round pick in 2015, and he started all 16 games at right tackle during his rookie season after Phil Loadholt tore his Achilles. He moved to the left side and started 14 games in place of an injured Matt Kalil the next season but failed to make the team in 2017. Clemmings spent that year with Washington and appeared in four games for the Raiders last year before landing on injured reserve with a knee injury.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/26/t-j-clemmings-will-miss-the-season-with-quadriceps-injury/

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Bears are toast, 4th in North I'm thinking

Their defense is still really good. 

In theory, if Nagy gets back to basics, Trubisky can game manage them to a winning record. 

But they have a tough game this week: Denver hardly ever lose at home early in the season, and Fangio is going to have a big advantage in game planning. 

Weird to say this so early, but the season's basically on the line for the Bears already, tomorrow in Denver. Starting 0-2 would just about kill their playoff chances already. They'd have to finish 10-4 for the balance of schedule to have a chance.

And their schedule is brutal: still have all 3 road division games remaining, plus home games vs the Chargers, Saints, Chiefs, Vikings and Cowboys, and road games vs the Eagles and Rams. Very tough to run that gauntlet dropping only 4 games if they can't beat GB at home and DEN on the road.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Bears offense has been a mess, and their bye is coming at a perfect time. In fact, there’s a chance their quarterback could be back soon. According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, Bears coach Matt Nagy said that Mitchell Trubisky could be back after the bye week, in time for their Oct. 20 game against the Saints.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/08/mitchell-trubisky-could-be-back-after-the-bye/

Bears loss to the Raiders was brutal for their playoff chances.

They pulled out a win in Denver (thanks only to a BS roughing the passer call on the last minute drive), stomped hapless Washington and beat the Vikings in a game that would have been close if Cousins had played well. 

Now at 3-2, the Bears still have all 3 road division games remaining, plus home games vs the Chargers, Saints, Chiefs, and Cowboys, and road games vs the Eagles and Rams. They can't afford to lose more than 4 of those 9 -- against teams who are collectively 28-15-1 so far this year -- unless they're going to back in to the playoffs as a 9-7 wildcard on a tiebreaker.

1 hour ago, Krauser said:

Bears loss to the Raiders was brutal for their playoff chances.

They pulled out a win in Denver (thanks only to a BS roughing the passer call on the last minute drive), stomped hapless Washington and beat the Vikings in a game that would have been close if Cousins had played well. 

Now at 3-2, the Bears still have all 3 road division games remaining, plus home games vs the Chargers, Saints, Chiefs, and Cowboys, and road games vs the Eagles and Rams. They can't afford to lose more than 4 of those 9 -- against teams who are collectively 28-15-1 so far this year -- unless they're going to back in to the playoffs as a 9-7 wildcard on a tiebreaker.

It's going to be one hell of a race for playoff spots in the NFC...AFC?  Not so much.  

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's going to be one hell of a race for playoff spots in the NFC...AFC?  Not so much.  

Will make winning the division all the more crucial. I hope that game in Green Bay doesn’t come back to haunt us like it did last year.

Both the NFC West and NFC North are 3-4 deep with playoff caliber teams. 

Edited by vikingsrule

25 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Will make winning the division all the more crucial. I hope that game in Green Bay doesn’t come back to haunt us like it did last year.

Both the NFC West and NFC North are 3-4 deep with playoff caliber teams. 

Take care of business with both games vs Detroit and get back to a split with them other 2 and they'll be okay...also they need to find some way to win at CenturyLink.  

The Bears, I think still, will eventually fall off...it'll be down to the Packers-Vikings.  

15 hours ago, swede700 said:

Take care of business with both games vs Detroit and get back to a split with them other 2 and they'll be okay...also they need to find some way to win at CenturyLink.  

The Bears, I think still, will eventually fall off...it'll be down to the Packers-Vikings.  

We still need to show that we can actually beat teams better than .500. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

We still need to show that we can actually beat teams better than .500. 

I'm less concerned with that than most, as I think the media puts way too much focus into it.  What they need to do is to just take care of business where they should (at home) and maybe surprise a team or 2 on the road.  I don't care whether that team is above .500 or not.  I think they can potentially beat the Cowboys at AT&T just like the Packers did...I'd also like to think that they can put up a good fight at Arrowhead because they have the manpower and scheme to slow down Mahomes (doesn't mean that they'll win, but they can keep it close).  

OK, back on topic.  xD

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

The Bears placed guard Kyle Long on injured reserve Monday and they moved another player to the list on Tuesday. Defensive tackle Akiem Hicks is the unlucky player this time. Hicks injured his elbow in the Bears’ Week Five loss to the Raiders in London.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/15/bears-place-akiem-hicks-on-ir/

22 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Last year's Coach of The Year Matt Nagy (who is an offensive guru) has the 30th? ranked offense. They need to stop giving that award away to anyone.

How is an award given out last year relevant to this years team? Nagy had a great year last year as a first year coach, they were 12-4 for crying out loud.

• Like 1