Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

3 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

How is an award given out last year relevant to this years team? Nagy had a great year last year as a first year coach, they were 12-4 for crying out loud.

He didn't build that team. Then he lost his only playoff game. Then he traded away his best RB and drafted a rb he doesn't even use. Our own coach Zimmer went 13-3 and didn't get any mention for COY. 

8 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He didn't build that team. Then he lost his only playoff game. Then he traded away his best RB and drafted a rb he doesn't even use. Our own coach Zimmer went 13-3 and didn't get any mention for COY. 

What coaches truly build their team? Belichick?

Nagy didn't trade away Howard, that would be the GM Ryan Pace. I will agree that Nagy appears to be under utilizing the RB that Pace drafted.

Sure Zimmer probably got screwed. However, it isn't like McVay was undeserving that year - Rams had quite the turn around. It looks like another award that just favors the offense. 

Edited by VikeManDan

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

What coaches truly build their team? Belichick?

Nagy didn't trade away Howard, that would be the GM Ryan Pace. I will agree that Nagy appears to be under utilizing the RB that Pace drafted.

Sure Zimmer probably got screwed. However, it isn't like McVay was undeserving that year - Rams had quite the turn around. It looks like another award that just favors the offense. 

I'm just venting. Nagy just isn't anything special imo.

• Like 1

Nagy seems like the classic second year coach who let the success of his first year get to his head. From an outside perspective, he’s got that “I’m the smartest guy in the room” issue going on. He keeps trying to “outsmart” the other side, getting cute with his play calling, and it’s not working this year. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Nagy seems like the classic second year coach who let the success of his first year get to his head. From an outside perspective, he’s got that “I’m the smartest guy in the room” issue going on. He keeps trying to “outsmart” the other side, getting cute with his play calling, and it’s not working this year. 

No, what did was too much whining about the kicking situation.  He spent waaaaaayyy too much time on that.  While Zimmer hasn't handled the kicking situation great, he hasn't treated it like a 12-yr old spoiled child playing Madden holding a Survivor-like competition for the position.  

Trubisky sinks to #32 in NFL.com's starting QB ratings:

Individual Rank: Bhanpuri: 32 | Blair: 31 | Filice: 32 | Parr: 31

2019 stats: 5 games | 64.4 pct | 839 pass yds | 5.2 ypa | 5 pass TD | 2 INT | 21 rush yds | 0 rush TD | 0 fumbles lost

Bhanpuri: Four weeks ago I explained in ( too much) detail why one solid first half from Trubisky was hardly proof that he'd suddenly figured it out. Today, I stand comfortably behind my harsh, but honest take. The third-year signal-caller remains wildly inconsistent, showing an extreme aversion to throwing beyond the sticks and unrivaled inaccuracy when he does. Through Week 7, Trubisky has the second-fewest completions (13) and the lowest completion percentage above expectation ( -14.2%) on intermediate and deep passes, per Next Gen Stats (min. 30 attempts). Want more? The Bears' QB1 (for now) is tied for the lowest yards per attempt in the NFL (5.2) while owning the dubious honor outright on throws in which his target has three-plus yards of separation (6.4). Look, I could rattle off a litany of other unflattering stats, but all they'd tell us is what we all already know: Trubisky, and the Bears' offense as a whole, is irritatingly obscene right now. Like ketchup on a hot dog. Or LeBron vs. MJ debates. Or St. Louis Cardinals fans. As a Chicago native, I'd love to see the former No. 2 overall pick right his throwing shoulder and start living up to his draft billing. But if he continues regressing at the rate we've seen this season, it's unlikely that theoretical turnaround happens in a Bears uniform.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001068790/article/qb-index-week-8-aaron-rodgers-soars-mitchell-trubisky-sinks

38 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I don't understand why Nagy didn't run the ball to try and gain a couple of yards before attempting the FG. 

Obviously I'm glad they missed the kick and lost the game!

Yeah I get not really trusting Trubisky there but they could have for a little more running the ball at least

44 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I don't really want to kick someone when they're down...but this has got to be the lamest reason ever, and really should be one tick on being considered a fireable offense.  

Pretty sure he said something about them knowing that they would run which meant they'd probably lose yards

20 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Pretty sure he said something about them knowing that they would run which meant they'd probably lose yards

Which means that he has no faith in his team to do what they should be able to do...and by making that decision he has just relayed that message to his team.  They're done.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1