Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

The Bears pick of Mitch Trubisky was glorious for all the other NFC North teams. The Vikings need to quite injuring Trubisky early in games.  He is almost as bad as Christian Ponder.  The only thing that keeps him from being as bad is the fact that he can throw the ball with at least a little zip.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky didn’t finish the game, though he never found his way to the blue medical tent on the sidelines. But the team claimed it was an injury that kept their starter off the field for the final minutes.

Via J.J. Stankevitz of NBCSportsChicago.com, Bears coach Matt Nagy said something had been bothering Trubisky for several series, he asked his quarterback to be honest about his condition in the late stages of the game. He then made the decision to replace him with Chase Daniel for the final three minutes and 24 seconds.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/17/bears-claim-a-hip-injury-forced-mitchell-trubisky-out/

Nagy said the team is “turning over every stone to get this thing right” and that he’d be willing to give the offensive play calling duties to someone else if he thought it was the right move for the team, but he hasn’t reached that point after reviewing the loss to the Rams.

Nagy: “I have zero ego and I have zero care of giving play-call duties to somebody else. I really do not care about that, and if that’s what we feel like from going through it that that’s what we need to do, then I would do that, I really would.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/19/matt-nagy-id-give-up-calling-offensive-plays-if-i-thought-it-would-help/

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

That doesn't mean much until he does it. Did Reid give him a chance to call plays some?

Yes, for most of the last season he was there.  

Nagy has never impressed me in the least, and I thought it was too soon for anyone to consider giving him a head coaching job in the first place, but with his good season last year, he probably will be given some rope, even if he probably doesn't warrant it.  However, I fully expect the Bears to be looking for a new head coach 3 years from now.  

21 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Nagy: “I have zero ego and I have zero care of giving play-call duties to somebody else. I really do not care about that, and if that’s what we feel like from going through it that that’s what we need to do, then I would do that, I really would.”

This quote is laughable to me.