Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

39 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I think the Bears have the potential to be very good team. Very attractive location imo for a head coach.

Not with the ownership and facilities. I don't see that team having any sort of success until the McKaskey family steps aside.

58 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I think the Bears have the potential to be very good team. Very attractive location imo for a head coach.

I'm not a fan of Trubisky. Whoever goes to Chicago has to accept that he's the future for at least the next draft/season. Not ideal for a new HC.

I like Trubisky. I think he looks the part, and given some receivers that aren't arena league guys I think he could be a franchise player. 

This is Pace's biggest off season. He needs to find a coach that will work with Trubisky like McVay worked with Goff. I just wonder if the ownership group will pay for that guy to come in.

The Bears announced a two-year contract extension for General Manager Ryan Pace through 2021. That means the new coach likely gets a four-year deal to put the two on the same timetable. The Bears are showing their faith in Pace to find a coach and add more talent despite the results in his tenure thus far.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/01/bears-give-ryan-pace-contract-extension-through-2021/

53 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

I think Trubisky can be a franchise QB. They need talent at WR though. Bolster the line and WR corp and they should be fine. 

Helps that they'll get Cameron Meredith back healthy next year. He was solid in 2016 (66-888-4 in 14 games).

• Like 1

Bears 2018 schedule

CHICAGO BEARS

Home: Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away: Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants

On 1/1/2018 at 11:03 AM, Uncle Buck said:

Weren't they the owners in '85?

Their family has been the owners since the NFL started, since the elder McCaskey is Halas' daughter, so it isn't relevant at all.  

I think the talent has to be severely upgraded before I'd think the Bears would be an attractive job for a head coach.  The defense is good, but I think that was the miracle workings of Vic Fangio, not necessarily evidence of talent.  And nothing about Trubisky really wowed me in the two games I saw him play against the Vikings.  His ceiling may be better than Rex Grossman, but I don't know by how much.  I didn't find him all that impressive.   I think they're still a long ways from division title competition...at least 2-3 years.   

Edited by disaacs

On 1/3/2018 at 9:40 AM, disaacs said:

Their family has been the owners since the NFL started, since the elder McCaskey is Halas' daughter, so it isn't relevant at all.  

I think the talent has to be severely upgraded before I'd think the Bears would be an attractive job for a head coach.  The defense is good, but I think that was the miracle workings of Vic Fangio, not necessarily evidence of talent.  And nothing about Trubisky really wowed me in the two games I saw him play against the Vikings.  His ceiling may be better than Rex Grossman, but I don't know by how much.  I didn't find him all that impressive.   I think they're still a long ways from division title competition...at least 2-3 years.   

I'd say closer to 2. They should hire Fangio to be the Head Coach and keep the defense in tact and get themselves a good OC to work with Trubisky. 

The Bears arrow is pointing up.