Odell Beckham and Giants agreed to a Mega 5 year deal

49erurtaza

46 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

When healthy, I think he's the best in the game. Better than Antonio and Julio. It's such a tough decision though because of the immaturity and giving a guy like him that much guaranteed money. When this news broke, all of Giants nation looked in Odell's general direction and collectively said, "Don't $%&# this up!"

The rest of the NFC East is praying he goes on a bender lol.

With Brown it is close, but there are things OBJ can and has done that no one else in the NFL can. I love watching him play. The league felt empty last year without him. Really psyched I get to see him continue to play for my team for a while. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I guess I get where you're getting at, but wanted to challenge one thing you're saying:

I did the math - a 50% increase on Jeffrey's 2017 numbers (57/789/9) would get you 85/1183/13, which would actually be a down year for Odell.

A 100% increase on these figures would work to 114/1578/18. All of these figures would be career highs for Odell, but not very far off from his standard production. (Career average us 96/1374/11, so we're talking a difference of 18/204/7 - which could be a 2-3 week explosion for him, we've seen him do this before).

Not trying to overly knock Alshon, but Odell is truthfully worth double based on pure stats... 

Honestly I think he's going to be closer to 85/1183/13 than 114/1578/18 coming back from his injury. I was only making a case that the contracts were similar based on production.

It does depend somewhat how much you value Touchdowns. While I could see Odell surpassing Alshon's yards *1.5, I doubt moreso that he will surpass the TDs *1.5.

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:
3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Xavier Rhodes laughs at this. Tells Odell he would have gotten even more had he not played against Xavier.

Who's that?

It's the mandatory NFL news post of "this has absolutely nothing to do with my team but allow me to insert them into the discussion regardless, typically in a fashion that highlights one of my favorite players".

If I'm not mistaken, there is a mandatory quota of 3 such posts per 5 page discussion. Or so I'm told. 

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Physically, he is more gifted than anyone else. Effortless one handed catches, incredible 2nd gear, can jump out of the building, etc. No other WR right now has his physical gifts. 

No other WR has the gifts that Julio Jones has either...

Archived