WR Odell Beckham closing in on 5 year Extension 95M, 65M Guaranteed

Acgott

4 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I know Odell looks great in practice, I just would have preferred seeing him in at least one actual game to see if his ankle is fully back before giving him that type of contract.

Why? If he looks as explosive as ever in practice then I don’t see why he won’t be on the field and he has been doing so against other teams in joint practices.

19 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Why? If he looks as explosive as ever in practice then I don’t see why he won’t be on the field and he has been doing so against other teams in joint practices.

Because there is a difference in intensity and physicality between a practice and a preseason or regular season game. We still have no idea how his ankle will hold up after he takes a hard hit nad if it can hold up over an entire game. 

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

Because there is a difference in intensity and physicality between a practice and a preseason or regular season game. We still have no idea how his ankle will hold up after he takes a hard hit nad if it can hold up over an entire game. 

Yes that’s absolutely true, there is a difference but neither instance matters if we’re judging his health and explosiveness. That’s the point of joint practices, they’re competitive and intense. His ankle should be fine, the medical staff exists for a reason. Mara even said that seeing him in joint practices checked a box as to his health.

Archived